PDA

View Full Version : Why so much trouble to post pix?

redmt
05-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Why is it such a pain to post up pix? There is atleast 10 pages of posts on this board alone on the subject. Why do you have to host pix somewhere else and then put 'em here, put 'em there. :( Some guys just don't get it! (me) . I've tried a bunch of times and it just ain't gonna happen. Everybody like to brag on what they caught and most take pix. It shouldn't be such a pain in the ass to post up pix. >:(

John

troutfan
05-26-2008, 06:29 AM
http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1099806237/138#138
This link should answer most of your questions. The reason pictures cannot be posted directly to the sniffer is a copyright liability issue. I use Imageshack to post pictures and haven't found it to be much of a pain in the ass at all! ;) ;D

redmt
05-26-2008, 06:47 AM
I use Imageshack to post pictures and haven't found it to be much of a pain in the ass at all! Wink Grin

The obvious reply here is you ain't near as dumb as I am when it comes to this. I give up. I quit. I'm picking up my toys and goin' home.

John

reeltor
05-26-2008, 07:52 AM
redmt- *I feel your pain! I was having problems, too, but troutfan gave me some great advice you might want to check out. This simplifies the process greatly (the simpler the better, for me).

You never need to be embarassed becasue you can us the preview feature before you post. *To summarize: *I get into imageshack, hit the browse button and it will go to your pic folder on your hard drive. *Highlight the pic you want. *Then I hit the "host it" button. *Next several different lines of code come up and I use the one on the bottom of the page; "Direct link to image" *
I put this code inbetween the brackets . *To get these go to the icons above the smilies and it's the third one from the top left. *I hope this helps.
Troutfan

Reeltor

twoelk48
05-26-2008, 05:29 PM
BS, I am half way intellegent and way to complicated hense no pics from me, Kent

metalmouth
05-26-2008, 07:33 PM
It's not a matter of intelligence. It's a matter of carefully following the steps the first time. After that it is easy.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1199032800

MB_Kevin
05-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Its confusing at first but once you do it. It becomes easy. Just takes time to figure out the first time.

redmt
05-26-2008, 08:52 PM
The reason pictures cannot be posted directly to the sniffer is a copyright liability issue.

It's probably because Sniffer can't figure out how to accept them with new fangled software ;D ;D ;D

Copyright ! Yeh RIGHT!!!

metalmouth
05-26-2008, 10:02 PM
The reason pictures cannot be posted directly to the sniffer is a copyright liability issue.

It's probably because Sniffer can't figure out how to accept them with new fangled software ;D ;D ;D

Copyright ! Yeh RIGHT!!!
Believe what you choose but having pics posted directly to the web site is problematic for a business that can be accused of profiting off of someone else's photos that are posted without permission.

fshnjas
05-27-2008, 01:38 PM
http://imageshack.us/

IMAGE SHACK IS THE WAY TO GO..LOG IN AND YOUR PAST THE FIRST STEP.

MY PROBLEM AT FIRST WAS FIGURING OUT THAT YOU HAV TO COPY THE LINK * * * [img]BETWEEN[img] * * * *THE &^$#% UP LITTLE ][

ONCE I FIGURED THAT OUT IMAGE SHACK WILL RESIZE FOR YOU AND ALLTHE WAY AT THE BOTTOM GIVES YOU A DIRECT LINK TO IMAGE..

JAS

fshnjas
05-27-2008, 01:48 PM
MM,
I dont know how, but a video step by step would be great. I know that would have helped me alot at first...
I got it now, but i understand the frustration of people that dont...

If I new how to do a video, I would do it for everyone..

jas

redmt
05-27-2008, 02:15 PM
There HAS to be an easier way for us 'lectronikally challenged,,,,,

metalmouth
05-27-2008, 02:40 PM
A video would be good. Selecting the right steps is helpful. ;D

fshnjas
05-27-2008, 03:18 PM

I geuss the only way for the 'lectronikally challenged is to tell a really good story.. ::) So you dont need pictures...

jas

twoelk48
05-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Here is the beef I have and I do have a solution. Beef is one guy says goe to Moment of Fame and I do. He tries for over an hour on the ph to coax me through it but no luck so his time is wsted and so is mine. Next guy says no no use photo bucket ill walk you thur it. Hours later still cn't get my pictures up. Next guys says no no use image shack no problem. Well I have 20 pict for a tutorial on how to rig for trolling for stripers, almost there but its been way to many hours and ph calls back and forth to accomplish this and its interfering with fishing time, hense Ill be fishing till it gets easier, Kent

redmt
05-27-2008, 04:36 PM

I geuss the only way for the 'lectronikally challenged is to tell a really good story.. ::) So you dont need pictures...

jas

Damn, I can tell a really good story , you just ain't gonna believe it! "There I was with 2 lb. test on my Scoobie pole and,,,,,,,,,"

Seriously , every now and then I get a fish that I'm actually proud of. One was my first 63" sturgeon. Another was a 33" striper, and a 31" halibut. Bragging is great but when you actually have pix to back it up you don't have to tell a story!

John

FISHIN_BUDDY
06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
John, you're a GENIUS! ;D ;D ;D

BeachBum
06-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Your ISP should allow you to store pics under your account on their server. They should have a FAQ section to help out with initial access and how to reference them for 'posting'. Anyway mine (Cox) does.

viper2
07-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Copyright worries is a bunch of baloney. *All of the other sites I use let you post directly, you just have to agree to the rules.

Rather than being ruled by someone's opinion (probably an attorney), it would be nice to use common sense.

It it were up to attorneys, nothing would be done until we pay them off.

metalmouth
07-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Copyright worries is a bunch of baloney.
Maybe you should check the news. Utube was just sued and may have to pay millions for allowing copyrighted materials to be posted. The software that supports this site doesn't allow for direct posting so either way it wouldn't work. It's so simple to post pics on any of the hosting sites that why would we want the hassle of policing pics? Remember we are volunteers and I know I don't want the job.

Regards,

MM