PDA

View Full Version : Easier access to the Events/Calendar page

żżż
05-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Another Sniffer posted info about an event coming up this weekend, and I had a dickens of a time trying to locate your events page. *Doing a site search didn't turn it up either - turned up old links from '01. *This was the response from your Trout Moderator and my response subsequently...

There is a link at the top of the trout board labeled
UPCOMING EVENTS CALENDAR. *If you check the trout faqs page you will also find it near the top in big bold letters. *Let me know if you have any further difficulty.

The difficulty in that is that the link 'UPCOMING EVENTS CALENDAR' flips off the page between a 'subscribe to the Fishsniffer' link, so unless I happen to be looking at it at the exact moment it is on the screen, I can't tell it's there. *Only a suggestion - time-sensitive information should not be buried in an FAQ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Can we make it a little easier to get to this info? *Is it possible to get a section on your home page that shows the next events for 30 days? *I think it would be helpful for anyone (casual or dedicated user) visiting your site. *You should have a direct link to the events page in one of the subsection flyouts, say at the top of the 'Message Boards' list.

The easier it is for us to find, the more we will want to use it...

I'm not trying to put your site down or criticize; I want to make this site a better place. Been here for a while, and think it's a great forum. Let me know if I can help...

Thanks for all your efforts.

Tight lines,

Mike

drstressor
05-03-2008, 10:47 AM
The moderators are aware of this problem. The admins need to come up with a fix. We're working on it.

MB_Kevin
05-03-2008, 08:43 PM
It pops up at the top of every page or even the home page but it did need to be pointed out to me before I found it.

metalmouth
05-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Upcoming Events Listing posting is now stickied at the top of this board. We are working on a new banner for Upcoming Events Listings as well.

MM

troutfan
05-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Upcoming Events Listing posting is now stickied at the top of this board. We are working on a new banner for Upcoming Events Listings as well.

MM
The event posting policy and a link to the page will also be stickied on the trout board until the banner is complete.

FS Marketing
05-10-2008, 07:45 AM
It is now on the left side of EVERY page within our forums.

metalmouth
05-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks Deborah! :-*