PDA

View Full Version : Picture posting help

YakMotor
04-25-2008, 12:19 AM
I thought it would benefit the forums if I shared some simplified multi picture posting techniques so I was going to hit up "the powers that be" for ideas on how to best do that ... maybe make it a "sticky" instead of a single post? *Anyway in preparation I decided to review info already available as picture posting help.

The result of this review prompts me to comment, *"There is TOO MUCH help out there!" *Remembering the challenge I had first getting it figured out I put on the shoes of a newbie and found there is an info overload which, in my opinion, provides more in the way of confusion than basic help.

There IS a LOT of good, well presented info but there is also outdated stuff that should be deleted or updated ... like the part of Docs sticky post about using 640x480 size. *If you cruise through the older posts you see a whole bunch of DIFFERENT maximum width sizes suggested.

It's time for a clean-up and consolidation of basic picture posting information.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK, having said that here is what I suggest to offer in a "Advanced Picture Posting" thread:

Photo file management to aid posting including suggestions for software management tools.

Ideas on photo editing and enhancement including cropping, resizing, color and exposure correction, adding text and borders, etc.

Offline text composition which would include spell checking and easy application of forum codes so that the offline effort would be simply copied and pasted into the forum message window then online previewed.

Image hosting site helpful hints to speed upload and also organized handling of the link info.

Welp, whadda ya think?

metalmouth
04-25-2008, 04:53 AM
This is stickied at the top of most boards or in the FAQ's. What I tried to do was advoid to much info. It's a quick step by step and includes resizing. To much info puts new members into shut down. Maybe and advanced pic posting would be helpful for those members that have moved beyond the initial step.

Easy Pic Posting, Step by Step: (http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1199032800)