PDA

View Full Version : board ideas.....

tattooedfish1
04-15-2008, 05:31 PM
I was just thinking and thought Ide run this by you guys ,if you love it thats why I put it in writing! ;D if not,it was my friends idea... ;) How bout a a jetty & pier board for the salt section and a freshwater and salt shore fishing section for those of us who are ''boat challenged'' let me know whatcha think .

metalmouth
04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Let's run it by the admins and see what they think. I agree with the need for a jetty, pier, and surf section on the Salt Boards and we'll see what the Freshwater mods have to say about bankin it on the fresh water. It's a bit harder to do for trout.

MM

tattooedfish1
04-15-2008, 08:58 PM
woohoo! As far as the the freshwater shore board ,I just bring that up because it kinda sucks when you keep reading about all these fish biting then you see'' I took my boat to this area of the lake and killed em......'' When Im trying to find out what I can get from the areas I can hoof it to ;D.......Anyways thanks for interest! ;) ;D

drstressor
04-15-2008, 11:03 PM
I agree with the need for a jetty, pier, and surf section on the Salt Boards

That might replace the Saltwater Salmon board, which isn't going to have much activity over the next few years. :'(

Mickey_Thomas
04-16-2008, 07:20 AM
I agree with the need for a jetty, pier, and surf section on the Salt Boards

That might replace the Saltwater Salmon board, which isn't going to have much activity over the next few years. :'(
Thanks for the additional "kick in the teeth" Doc, I really needed that one >:( ;)

tc
04-16-2008, 07:39 AM
I like the idea of a "Bankies Board", I was one for many years, even though I now have a Jet Boat. One of the reasons that I bough it was to gain better access to some bank areas. I still love pulling over to the bank to fish a nice slot.

TC :o ::) :o ::)

tattooedfish1
04-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Anyone reading this please pass this along to other sniffers so we can see what kind of interest there is in boards like these ;)...I mean even if these boards woudnt be your thing they might be helpful to others . ;)

MB_Kevin
04-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Sounds Cool 8-)

tattooedfish1
04-18-2008, 04:37 PM
MM, any word yet on the ''new boards'' ? :-?Hate to sound like a bug ,but It would be cool to have some new boards to dive into! ;D Im just anxious to find out especially since both of those kinda pertain to my fishing Im stuck doing at the moment :'(. Thx. ;)

metalmouth
04-18-2008, 06:23 PM
The wheels grind slow. The Sniffer has agreed to the new Salt Water Board but the details still have to be ironed out. Maybe sometime next week?

MM

Captain Compassion
04-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Seeing that the posting of pictures is an important part of the Sniffer experiene how about a Fishing/Outdoor Photography forum. It could include how to info. Techniques and perhaps nature photography of a non fishing nature. Make Yakmotor the moderator. :)

CC

metalmouth
04-21-2008, 10:51 AM
tattooedfish1 here is the board you requested. Thanks for your input and suggestions!

Piers, Jetties, and Surf Board: (http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?board=pier_salt)

MM

YakMotor
04-24-2008, 02:45 PM
I "second" Captain Compassion's suggestion for a Fishing/Outdoor Photo Board. Could direct picture posting questions and practice away from the "Talk To" Board and more important provide a place to post pics related to places we fish like scenery, wildlife, historical stuff, etc. Also would be good for sharing info on outdoor use of various cameras and gear. Editing and photo enhancement could also be discussed along with advanced picture posting techniques.

Know the "Sniffer" doesn't need to be sold on the value of photos, but what does need to be considered prior to enacting this GREAT IDEA.

As far as moderator ... I have no idea what that entails, but I do have time and am open to learning more about it.

metalmouth
04-24-2008, 03:17 PM
YakMotor, I will again run the idea past the powers that be. This will be a much tougher idea to get done then a fishing board addition. If there is a positive response I will post it up.

MM/Don

MB_Kevin
04-24-2008, 09:16 PM
That one post on the bass board where they took the finger out of the picture was great! 8-)