PDA

View Full Version : Location Burns

sethonious
03-21-2008, 10:00 AM
I know that the moderators have the ability to remove posts, and I was wondering if we could implement a policy. Can you remove posts or information that give very specific locations? If someone posted that they caught fish in SF bay, clearly that is not specific. But if they give coordinates or other very specific info can that be nixed to prevent fishing pressures? I don't think anyone would do it on purpose, most will just want to be helpful but it might be a silly rookie mistake. If people really want to share they can PM and control the number of folks that get the info.

Just my 2 cents.

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Id say, dont post it. This is an open forum so thats a tough one.

metalmouth
03-21-2008, 12:51 PM
sethonious, send the poster a pm with your explanation of the situation and a remedy on having them remove their post. Unless a post breaks the rules that is the best we can offer as SS has pointed out. The only exception to this is the New Salt Water Striper Board which has been granted special rules in order to protect the Fishermen who choose to post.

MM

sethonious
03-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks MM, will do.

metalmouth
03-22-2008, 07:01 AM
I should have mentioned that if you post a report and someone burns your spot we will be more than happy to remove the offending post. ;)

MM

MB_Kevin
03-22-2008, 10:43 PM
The only exception to this is the New Salt Water Striper Board which has been granted special rules in order to protect the Fishermen who choose to post.

MM

I think that is necessary on that board. I got to where I didn't even post my striper's here. The place turned into a zoo on the beach. I'm not saying it was from the sniffer posts but I know alot of the regulars stopped posting here.