PDA

View Full Version : Kayak hunting Wood Ducks!

itsbangtime
12-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Article I just wrote due to reader request on how to target these birds from the kayak. Enjoy!

Kayak Hunting Wood Ducks - It's Bang Time (http://itsbangtime.com/kayak-hunting-wood-ducks/)

nvthis
01-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Man, I would love to give this a try. What do you recommend for a kayak? Color, etc...

itsbangtime
02-25-2015, 03:30 PM
Man, I would love to give this a try. What do you recommend for a kayak? Color, etc...

Kayak duck hunting is unique. Both of mine are high viz yellow, Ocean Kayak sit on tops. I have camo burlap for when I am sitting over decoys with the kayak in the water, but often I ditch the kayak in the tules after putting out the decoys, and I hide in the tules. For jump shooting, doesn't matter. I like the high viz color because boats can see you easier, and because I don't only duck hunt out of my kayak, but fish rivers, lakes and the ocean, I like the high viz for many reasons. As for what kayak, I would check out Headwaters Kayak in Lodi, and go to their boat house shop on Lodi Lake and take a few out and demo them to see what fits you the best.