PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly island bank question

38poundsalmon
12-31-2014, 03:56 AM
Hey guys. We went out to montezuma slough off of grizzly island. We bank fished past the fishing dock right where the road takes a sharp turn. My question is WHAT THE HECK IS IN THE WATER? Every rod we snagged. It felt like their is lots of lines out there and you hook them. Anyone know?

Btw we had, what seamed like, small striper hits all night.

heatsource
12-31-2014, 06:36 AM
yeah, bad spot to fish....
lots of catfish up there

LONO100
12-31-2014, 07:27 AM
lots of catfish right there, and lots of snags! the current pulls really hard at times there, even when it doesnt look like it from the surface. another thing is that there is probably so much lost tackle and line floating around right in that little spot, that is what is causing many of the snags. ive escpaped many snags, and have pulled up tangles and tangles of fishing line, weights, hooks and lures that were just sitting on the bottom. i once jumped into an old fishing hole on the napa river that tons of people fished so i could retrieve a phone i dropped. i cant describe to you how much fishing line is just swaying around down there in that one spot.

dandeuce
01-12-2015, 08:16 PM
There have been a few vehicles in there for many years and whatever else has snagged up on them .

SHAKER510
01-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Are all spots in that area the same? Or just where the op described?

38poundsalmon
01-13-2015, 07:29 AM
I think only that spot because we moved 200' to the left and it was good.