PDA

View Full Version : amador real slow!!!

IRISHANGLER01
01-03-2015, 06:35 PM
same thing as calbear! fished all day without anything. threw rapalas, woolybuggers and bait in all colors. there was about 50 bankies and at least 20 boats and only saw two fish caught all day by the same guy fishing from the bank. we fished on the 27th of december. super slow for everyone. tried all kinds of differnet depths and distances and nothing. lake has taken a turn for the worse. too bad.

Mr.Fletcher
01-03-2015, 08:58 PM
yeah, the last time i went there was rather disappointing. if not for one largemouth, it would have been a complete waste of effort. for the price and distance to go there, i have higher expectations for success........but that's why it's called "fishing" and not "catching", i suppose.

i'll be back for another go at it soon. the memory of fighting those fat trout is still fresh enough to erase the more recent empty stringer ones.

does anyone know if they got their hatchery up and running again? i understand they were importing from outside sources this season. maybe i'm a cynic, but i've always found it a little hard to believe their weekly plant numbers were as high as they state. never seen numbers come out of that place even close to a reasonable reflection of what goes in. just sayin.....

PapaGreg
01-04-2015, 11:45 AM
The hatchery is NOT running yet, not sure if it will be. I agree with the numbers thing, even when it was "slamador", the numbers didn't seem to go with the reported amount of plants:sick:.
I hope it gets better and eventually back to SLAMADOR!

Reel Fun
01-04-2015, 12:26 PM
same thing as calbear! fished all day without anything. threw rapalas, woolybuggers and bait in all colors. there was about 50 bankies and at least 20 boats and only saw two fish caught all day by the same guy fishing from the bank. we fished on the 27th of december. super slow for everyone. tried all kinds of differnet depths and distances and nothing. lake has taken a turn for the worse. too bad.

Is it just me...or does it seem like someone has just cut n pasted this every year for the last 10 years or so?

BigUnInDaBoat
01-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Conditions conditions conditions. Temps have fallen drastically up here in the foothills the past 10 days or so. That coupled with the full moon makes it so the fish can feed all night, and not during the day. I don't lake trout fish during a full moon unless it is at night. There are still a ton of fish in AMador, they just are not biting right now.

Starscream
01-04-2015, 01:38 PM
The Sacbee fishing line said something about dfg not planting the week that had the storms which was almost two weeks ago. So maybe that might be it too.

49erbassman
01-04-2015, 02:25 PM
The Sacbee fishing line said something about dfg not planting the week that had the storms which was almost two weeks ago. So maybe that might be it too.

DFG....actually DFW now doesn't plant Amador that I know of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reel Fun
01-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Conditions conditions conditions. Temps have fallen drastically up here in the foothills the past 10 days or so. That coupled with the full moon makes it so the fish can feed all night, and not during the day. I don't lake trout fish during a full moon unless it is at night. There are still a ton of fish in AMador, they just are not biting right now.

Does all that still apply to truck trout? I just always thought at that lake all that matters is how long ago they planted? I cant remember how many times I would go there a couple days in a row....and I would not do that good or anyone else the next day the same.....then bam...limits (and more for some) for all after they planted.

Jfitalia
01-04-2015, 04:27 PM
The 26th was wide open for many anglers. It just depended on where you were fishing. I saw a bunch caught by anglers fishing passed the spillway.

PapaGreg
01-04-2015, 04:51 PM
DFW planted Amador a few times last year, you could tell when you caught one of their "dinks". DFW (actually F&G at the time) used to plant Amador on a regular basis, then there was some kind of problem/fall-out and they pretty much stopped. Last year was the first time I can remember F&W planting Amador in quite awhile.

Shawnb
01-04-2015, 07:39 PM
I agree with bigunlndaboat, weather and moon. There are still a lot of fish in the lake.

BigUnInDaBoat
01-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Does all that still apply to truck trout? I just always thought at that lake all that matters is how long ago they planted? I cant remember how many times I would go there a couple days in a row....and I would not do that good or anyone else the next day the same.....then bam...limits (and more for some) for all after they planted.

Even aquarium fish respond poorly to huge drops in air temp.