PDA

View Full Version : multiple quotes

Double_D
11-30-2007, 08:58 AM
how do you do that....I see some people quote multiple posts the there post...I can't figure out how to do that. [smiley=computer.gif]

RonM
11-30-2007, 09:37 AM
You use the quote tag before and after each quote.

message here
then

2nd message here

message here

2nd message here

Yaker
11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
You may be seeing a post from someone who quoted an already quoted message. This will automatically embed the quoted message.

metalmouth
11-30-2007, 09:49 AM
You use the quote tag before and after each quote.

message here
then

2nd message here

message here

2nd message here

I just hit the Quote Button on Ron's post and then typed below it.
You can also cut and paste and use the quote button at the top of the screen. It looks like this.
http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/quote2.gif

SuperDave
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Another thing I've seen that took me a while to figure out is how people took quotes from other threads and posted them in a new thread. My solution was to hit the quote button in the original post and then copy the code and text into the new thread. Having Explorer open in 2 windows also helps in copying things back and forth.

When I try to answer multiple questions in one person's post, I hit quote button and then enter additional [quote] brackets as necessary to break up the post into a few pieces.

SuperDave
11-30-2007, 11:11 AM
how do you do that....I see some people quote multiple posts the there post...

I bet there is more than one way to do it.

I can't figure out how to do that. [smiley=computer.gif]

Here is an example of how to answer multiple questions in a post clearly.

Double_D
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
test quote

metalmouth
11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
test quote
Just hit the quote button on the persons post. :D

Double_D
11-30-2007, 01:29 PM
test quote

Double_D
11-30-2007, 01:31 PM
test quote
Just hit the quote button on the persons post. * :D

ok...I know how to do this part....but I want to add a quote from another post tp this post

metalmouth
11-30-2007, 01:31 PM
test quote
Just hit the quote button on the persons post. * :D
Then copy someone elses stuff. Hit the 6th button from the top right and paste it between the brackets.

test quote

metalmouth
11-30-2007, 01:33 PM
The button looks like this:

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/quote2.gif

RonM
11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
If you are going a lot of cut and paste it's a lot easier to use Firefox, you can open several windows in separate tabs then cut and paste from one to the other.

SuperDave
11-30-2007, 06:05 PM
I have to open Explorer twice. One has the thread open I'm writing in and the other open to threads I'm copying from. Hit the quote button on the second thread and copy that code and text back to the multiple quote post.

metalmouth
11-30-2007, 06:47 PM
I open two tabs in windows. Pretty simple to copy off of one and paste on the other. That is how I create my Hall of Fames with links. ;)

Mickey_Thomas
11-30-2007, 07:50 PM
I open two tabs in windows. Pretty simple to copy off of one and paste on the other. That is how I create my Hall of Fames with links. *;)Learn something new everyday, I just hit the quote in the upper right of MM post and it quoted him, I've been cutting and pasting way to much ;D I did know the two window open thing though :D

MB_Kevin
11-30-2007, 09:35 PM
how do you do that....I see some people quote multiple posts the there post...I can't figure out how to do that. [smiley=computer.gif]

I didn't think of doing it this way...It is great. *That is if it works right.

test quote

Yea so I guess the way to do it is open up another sniffer in your browser and the quote it there. Copy and paste it to the original. That way all your quotes will have the posters name and time.

Thanks for asking the question I had wondered that myself 8-)

johnbfishin
12-02-2007, 06:43 AM
That's way too much work.....just post away and let everyone else figure out what the hell you are talking about, much easier. ;)

SuperDave
12-02-2007, 07:38 AM
The answer to D_D's question also applies to how I post multiple pictures from imageshack or does someone else do that differently?

metalmouth
12-02-2007, 07:43 AM
I open two tabs when posting multiple pics. Then I can just copy and paste as many as I want into my post in one shot.

Mickey_Thomas
12-02-2007, 07:39 PM
That's way too much work.....just post away and let everyone else figure out what the hell you are talking about, much easier. Good one JohnB, does that mean when you get in a gun fight you "shoot them all" and let the coroner figure out who they are? ;) ;D

johnbfishin
12-02-2007, 11:08 PM
That's way too much work.....just post away and let everyone else figure out what the hell you are talking about, much easier. Good one JohnB, does that mean when you get in a gun fight you "shoot them all" and let the coroner figure out who they are? ;) ;D

Well I never thought of it exactly that way but I suppose that's about right. ;) ;D ;D

AllFishNoWork
12-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I just hit the qoute icon and then type in stuff I make up [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Mickey_Thomas
12-20-2007, 05:20 AM
I just hit the qoute icon and then type in stuff I make up, of course this fools no one with a brain [smiley=rotfl2.gif]
Kind of like that Allfish? ;D ;D ;D

AllFishNoWork
12-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Mickey, Now you have started a new trend on the boards.....hijacking a quote ;D

Double_D
12-20-2007, 09:38 AM
how do you do that....I see some people quote multiple posts the there post...I can't figure out how to do that. *

Ron.

Big Kahuna

*Re: multiple quotes
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2007, 9:37am * *You use the quote tag before and after each quote. *

OK, I figured it out....thanks for all the replies

SuperDave
12-20-2007, 09:48 AM
OK, I figured it out....thanks for all the replies

D_D, this quit being about you a long time ago. ;D ;D