PDA

View Full Version : Can this site's pic display setting be adjusted?

bluestar
10-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Our site design only allows a small content display area, as a result many pictures are cut off. I don't know if this design is intended to limit picture file size, but these days large pictures can have small file sizes and small pics can have big file sizes.

So it does not achieve its purpose yet cause undesirable results.

I'm wondering if there is an easy fix for this.....

drstressor
10-15-2007, 09:50 PM
It can't be fixed unless every user has a wide screen display. The banner adds on the left side of the screen reduce the width of the display area available for displaying posts.

It's a web standard to format pages that are still readable on VGA displays (640 pixels wide). So pictures need to be resize to no more than 475 pixels wide in order to fit in the display area of a sniffer page.

bluestar
10-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Sure, some people still use 640 pixel screen today, but we are talking about a very, very, very small group of people. I'd be very surprised if our seemingly rather cozy little site has anyone who still use 640 screen.

The problem with that level of resizing is, aside from the hassle, the biggest fish appears tiny!! :-/

Yaker
10-16-2007, 04:52 AM
Actually, its not about file size since none of the images are hosted by fishsniffer.com. 'Sniffers upload their images to other web sites and they are called in to the forum.

RonM
10-16-2007, 06:56 AM
The problem with that level of resizing is, aside from the hassle, the biggest fish appears tiny!! :-/

What I do is crop the picture before resizing, cut out the stuff that's not needed. Your fish will not look so tiny and will be viewable after you resize.

metalmouth
10-16-2007, 06:58 AM
My solution is to catch bigger fish! 8-) ;D 8-)

cptdarel
10-26-2007, 01:13 PM
My solution is to catch bigger fish! *
:-/

MB_Kevin
10-26-2007, 10:00 PM
[quote author=drstressor link=1192513383/0#1 date=1192513849]It can't be fixed unless every user has a wide screen display. *[quote]

I just got a wide screen and the sniffer only shows small in the middle. Worse then a regular size screen. Both sides are just green and put together would be more green on the sides then pic in the middle. It was bigger on my 19' monitor then it is now on my 22" wide screen :-[

metalmouth
10-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Can you adjust your screen to fit the frame?

MB_Kevin
10-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Can you adjust your screen to fit the frame?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I can maximize it to where the sniffer box is the whole screen but both sides are a dark green color and then the sniffer is skinny in the middle. There might be a setting to change it that I don't know of. I'm thinking of turning in this vista one to and trying a mac :-?

metalmouth
10-28-2007, 07:57 AM
I have a fairly wide screen but with my favorites list on the left hand side and the screen adjusted for the letters to be large enough for me to spend hours reading it, mine seems fairly proportional.