PDA

View Full Version : hitting it tonight

deadeye
01-17-2015, 01:04 PM
gonna catch the end of the outgo and the first part of the income in monty and may try some other areas

heatsource
01-17-2015, 02:05 PM
good luck out there!
i'm also going to be in Monty tonight (unless i get a great report from the river...)

salmonid
01-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Good luck dino huntin' guys.

EG1120
01-17-2015, 02:24 PM
Go get them.. Heat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heatsource
01-17-2015, 02:37 PM
Go get them.. Heat

thanks,
you are always welcome Eddie (to take me out in your smokercraft i mean, lol)

FlyWright
01-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Good luck out there guys! Don't forget your cameras.

LONO100
01-17-2015, 02:48 PM
i spent today putting in some work on the boat. i upgraded the starter and terminal cables, got another deep cycle battery so now i have two dedicated deep cycles for my 24v volt 80 lbs thrust trolling motor, and a dedicated starting battery for the engine. i also did some rearranging of the seats and rod holders and put in a new anchor and prop.

ill be out there with the mrs. and my buddy steph tomorrow morning trying to catch the incoming tide. i havent decided yet which direction to go, toward glass house/nurse slough, or grizzly bay. if anyone gets in some action today/tonight, some intel would be awesome. good luck out there everyone and be safe.

heatsource
01-17-2015, 02:49 PM
good luck out there!
i'm also going to be in Monty tonight (unless i get a great report from the river...)

no great river report...
a bunch of folks out there from verona to tisdale for NADA

deadeye
01-18-2015, 04:35 PM
fished the last half of the outgo for one 37 inch shaker on ghost/sauce and the first half of the income for nothing but i have never seen my fish finder light up wth fish moving under the boat like i saw for about an hour and a half last night on the income fished 23ft. of water and i normally fish deeper but for some reason i stayed at 23????? water temp 51/52 lots of little pecks at our bait only two good pull down and we got one of them

heatsource
01-18-2015, 05:47 PM
I fished 20-30' of water and had one on every 5 hrs for a total of 3 keepers and one oversized
Fished above and below beldens

salmonid
01-18-2015, 05:52 PM
I fished 20-30' of water and had one on every 5 hrs for a total of 3 keepers and one oversized

Good intel heat BUT... I was kinda hoping you were between Verona and KL!

49erbassman
01-18-2015, 05:56 PM

I might head out there in there morning. Thanks

heatsource
01-18-2015, 06:14 PM
I might head out there in there morning. Thanks

better hurry or all the good spots will be taken, i've shared alot of info with folks today and know a few heading out now... some tomorrow

should be a sniffer fest, so be kind to your fellow boaters out there :)

(if you see an 18' bay runner west coaster with center console be sure to anchor 100' behind him- LOL)

49erbassman
01-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Well I don't know where I'm going and don't have my FF hooked up yet so I'll just look for the crowds haha

LONO100
01-18-2015, 06:25 PM
me my buddy steph and a friend who just moved up from LA and has never seen the delta from the boat tagged along. we fished the incoming tide from 1000 to noon, then moved around as the tide went back out. we fished the shallows, deep holes, channels, everything from 5' to 40'. we didnt get a whiff of a fish. i got one hit on my sturgeon rig fishing a eel/roe combo but it didnt stick. that was about all the action we saw until the afternoon. we used mud suckers, shiners and some frozen sardines. we also threw out some DWB lures into the shallows but didnt get a hit, probably b/c the water was so muddy.

only one guy i talked to out there said he landed an oversize right at the first row of ships at the MBF. he said it was about 6', and that was it. said he caught it in 15' of water. next time out im going to try heading towards nurse slough/glass house area. i havent been that way since the late summer. good luck to everyone out there and be extra extra safe! the fog was thicker than i have ever seen it and the water was murky as hell. lots of debri in the water too. i would say clarity was less than a foot. please use all the lights you have and drive slow! it is really bad visibility wise out there right now.

FlyWright
01-18-2015, 10:31 PM
fished the last half of the outgo for one 37 inch shaker on ghost/sauce and the first half of the income for nothing but i have never seen my fish finder light up wth fish moving under the boat like i saw for about an hour and a half last night on the income fished 23ft. of water and i normally fish deeper but for some reason i stayed at 23????? water temp 51/52 lots of little pecks at our bait only two good pull down and we got one of them

How big? What bait?

Show us the :moneybag1: in pictures or it never happened.

:APS_camera: :duh:

heatsource
01-19-2015, 01:38 PM

What kind of sauce do you like?

heatsource
01-19-2015, 01:41 PM
Lono,
Sounds like you moved around a lot and tried a lot of baits...
I think you need to have more confidence in your spot and bait
(If you want sturg leave stripper gear at home, etc)
Ps tried getting in touch to share Intel but never heard back from you

LONO100
01-19-2015, 01:59 PM
yeah ive been without my phone for the past few days. left it at my parents house when i made a quick nightly visit to see how my mom was doing. im planning on getting it back this afternoon. thanks for the advice. i always get told to leave the striper gear at home when going for the dinos but i just got my hands on a DWB, and i was so anxious to get it wet! ill be out there again doing some dedicated dino hunting next weekend, stripers have been far and few between the last few trips out.

BG707
01-19-2015, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know if montezuma is gonna be part of the catch and release derby? I read that they excluded suisun slough this year.

kris k
01-19-2015, 03:03 PM
99% sure monty is in bounds up to the bridge.

BG707
01-19-2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks!

99% sure monty is in bounds up to the bridge.

FlyWright
01-19-2015, 05:46 PM
When is the C&R Derby?

monkey916
01-19-2015, 05:50 PM
When is the C&R Derby?
This Saturday the 24th according to the site...

JB14
01-19-2015, 05:55 PM
This Saturday. The bigger (but not necessarily better) derby is SB weekend.

deadeye
01-19-2015, 09:07 PM
we tried a lot of different ones shrimp, anise, anise craw, eel,and sturgeon feast....