PDA

View Full Version : any sniffers out near the benicia bridge today?

LONO100
01-19-2015, 10:38 PM
hi all, i was making my daily crossing of the benicia amtrak bridge and it was a beautiful afternoon. i always look to see what the water is looking like, and if anyone is out doing some fishing. today i counted at least 7 boats out there anchored up enjoying the day. i was just wondering if any of the boaters out there were members of the sniffer.
if so, care to share how you did!? my buddy and i are planning on playing hookie later this week and doing some fishing. at first we were thinking trying our luck at berryessa, but i really dont want to deal with that slippery dirt ramp they have right now. seeing all of those boats out there today had me jealous and now i want to get out there and get the skunk stink off of me from last sunday.

any info would be awesome. thanks everyone.

fishon_gethenet
01-19-2015, 10:45 PM
We were out there yesterday and caught 4 shakers...the biggest one 34". Eel, grass, pile...good luck!

LONO100
01-20-2015, 12:14 AM
cool. im looking to get out there with some eel, roe and shrimp. there are some spots right there near the new bridge that i really want to scour. it looked perfect out there!

heatsource
01-20-2015, 12:28 AM
one of my buddies was between bouy 2 and the bridge yesterday,
he got 6lb striper and a 39" dino

BaitMaster
01-20-2015, 06:13 AM
Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

LONO100
01-20-2015, 07:57 AM
Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

exactly, except i saw about 12 people out there fishing!

1fishaholic
01-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Hey Lono, I was up at markley cove this weekend and their 2nd ramp is fully paved and operational. There were a few dozen trailers in the parking lot. Not sure how the fishng was as we were up there working on the houseboat.

LONO100
01-20-2015, 03:10 PM
thanks fish, which ramp is considered the second one? i know there is the big paved one one right behind the building were you pay your launch fee, then next to it is the old gravel dirt one. i'd really like to give berryessa a try, but ive never fished it in the winter and im dying to get the skunk smell off me from my last trip.

ive basically narrowed down this weeks fishing trip to either berryessa for kokes and kings or dinos under the benicia bridge. any thoughts on where i will find more success? like i said, im just itching to put some fish in my boat after the last trip yielded a goose egg.

thanks for the intel!

dilbeck
01-20-2015, 03:22 PM
A coworker of mine was out there yesterday. Think he said closer to the Mothball Fleet though. They caught one shaker about 35" I think on grass shrimp. Good luck wherever you go!

FlyWright
01-20-2015, 04:18 PM
ive basically narrowed down this weeks fishing trip to either berryessa for kokes and kings or dinos under the benicia bridge. any thoughts on where i will find more success? like i said, im just itching to put some fish in my boat after the last trip yielded a goose egg.

thanks for the intel!

Do you want to catch bait or something that fights back? Have you EVER had a memorable koke fight? Every sturgeon catch has the potential to be a memorable catching event.

Admit it....you want to be out there fighting a fish!!

BigUnInDaBoat
01-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Do you want to catch bait or something that fights back? Have you EVER had a memorable koke fight? Every sturgeon catch has the potential to be a memorable catching event.

You're missing out if you think a Koke doesn't fight AWESOME on appropriate tackle. Now I know you guys like your Mercury Subs but a properly brined and smoked kokanee is probably one of the best things I've ever eaten.

LONO100
01-20-2015, 07:19 PM

yup, youre right! ill be launching out of martinez in a few days.

BigUnInDaBoat
01-20-2015, 10:13 PM
yup, youre right! ill be launching out of martinez in a few days.

Good choice as koke season is a ways away.

LONO100
01-21-2015, 06:26 AM
You're missing out if you think a Koke doesn't fight AWESOME on appropriate tackle. Now I know you guys like your Mercury Subs but a properly brined and smoked kokanee is probably one of the best things I've ever eaten.

dont get me wrong, i love fighting fish on light tackle, but im just itching to get some payback on the delta right now!

fishnmike
01-21-2015, 08:16 AM
Just an FYI, the Diamond Classic catch and release sturgeon derby is out of Martinez on Sat. Its going to be very busy between Carquinez and Honker.

LONO100
01-21-2015, 08:58 AM
yup, i heard, and it's supposed to be a beautiful day. ill be playing hookie and getting out there tomorrow.