PDA

View Full Version : Navionics app.

big Lou
01-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Hi everyone. quick question has anyone used the avoinics app for smartphones here in the delta, does it work. if so which one meaning there's a free one then there are several for around fifty bucks. just wondering.

JB14
01-29-2015, 06:51 PM
I use the actual navionics app and it's great. It's a great accurate backup for my gps and helps with planning out the next trip. Worth the $ for me.

kris k
01-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Been using it for years. Best thing ever. I now have the same navionics on my FF, but I like being able to study the charts from the comfort of my home on the app.

Gypsie
01-29-2015, 07:00 PM
I've been using the Navionics+ app for about a year now - was $10 when I downloaded it to my phone. I highly recommend it - worth every penny! I use it as a backup to the Garmin on my boat and use it a lot while fishing to study the bottom contours while watching the sonar/fish finder on my Garmin. It also works great in the "track" mode to look after the trip for "show 'n tell" etc.

Fireguy
01-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Paid $10

Works great in Martinez.

It is a great app to have

BD07_Deltafishing
01-29-2015, 07:13 PM
checking out some charts right now for this weekend. Great app! Definitely worth the 10 bucks.

FishnBeer
01-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Got it. Use it constantly. Its pretty accurate when you are out on the water, sonar reads about what charts display. Also has tides and currents which is key for the delta. I use it for planning out my next trip. Or when i get bored ill just scroll over areas and look for some fishy spots.

$10 is a steal for what you get out of it

Deltafishing
01-30-2015, 07:32 AM
Navionics worked great for me when tryin to get back to Belden's in that thick as$ fog at night.

gegan
01-30-2015, 05:19 PM
Nice App. I'm trying the free version right now, but looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gypsie
01-30-2015, 06:31 PM
Got it. Use it constantly. Its pretty accurate when you are out on the water, sonar reads about what charts display.

$10 is a steal for what you get out of it

The Navionics+ version ($10) gets you hi-res sonar contours - much more detailed than the charts I own or have seen, but then again the latest gen. chart plotters may show much more detail than my older Garmin is capable of even with the newest chart updates. YMMV

Regardless - worth every penny!

salmonid
01-30-2015, 06:36 PM
I use the actual navionics app and it's great. It's a great accurate backup for my gps and helps with planning out the next trip. Worth the $ for me.

+1

Loved it when I had it up in Oregon for fishing the bays and ocean.

Seemed to dissappear when I got a new phone and don't need it for the areas I fish these days.

In general, I'm anti-app :baghead:, but in this case it was well worth the $.

Gypsie
01-30-2015, 06:40 PM
I'm sorry F&B, re-reading your post, I realize I probably mis-understood. Yes, the app contour depth seems to match the charted depth spot-on when accounting for tidal changes.
Cheers! Here's to Friday night![emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]