PDA

View Full Version : Pig hunting

Jimmy_M
02-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Well I'm going back up to my friend's property this weekend. We're hoping the rain will make the pigs more active during the day. I got my new scope mounted and sighted in so all I need now is a little luck!

outdoordude
02-07-2015, 04:40 AM
Good luck, give a report....success or not.

Jimmy_M
02-09-2015, 08:11 AM
My friend and I drove up Friday evening but should have waited until Saturday. The roads were bad and we ended up getting my truck stuck about a half mile from the property so we suited up and hiked into the property to get one of the Polaris Rangers. After getting all of our gear back to camp we dried out and called it a night. Saturday was beautiful! We seen tracks and rooted up areas everywhere but no pigs. We got up Sunday for an early morning hunt but didn't see anything. After cleaning up the camp and packing our gear we left around noon. It was an adventurous wet trip but still better than sitting at home wishing we were there.

outdoordude
02-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Sounds like timing wasn't right but hey you saw promising sign, it's more than I saw from my couch.

Jimmy_M
02-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Sounds like timing wasn't right but hey you saw promising sign, it's more than I saw from my couch.

Timing was great, I just need a 4x4!

kokekilla
02-16-2016, 07:27 AM
Timing was great, I just need a 4x4!

I've got a 4x4 and two pig tags I would be willing to pay a fee to hunt with y'all ! My brother in law and I went on a craigslist guided hunt in parkfield ca and it was a joke! The best shot they got me over two full weekends was a 300 yard shot !waste of money!!

K-15
02-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Don't know how thick the area you are hunting, and you probably already know, but you got to be aware of the wind with those crid., the can't see very well but have excellent noses... good luck with your next trip, sounds like they are there, post up pics. when you connect.
Mike