PDA

View Full Version : New Court Ruling in Favor of Fishermen!

panther
02-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Guys,

The court system has not often been kind to us, but it looks like we've won a major legal victory. Google California Association for Recreational Fishing, and click on "News". I think you will be glad you did.

TroutLife
02-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Post a link dude

CAL.NDN
02-11-2015, 05:42 PM
http://www.savecalfishing.org/2015/02/11/california-fishermen-land-court-ruling/

Captain Compassion
02-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Guys,

The court system has not often been kind to us, but it looks like we've won a major legal victory. Google California Association for Recreational Fishing, and click on "News". I think you will be glad you did.

Good news indeed. Thanks Panther.

CC

panther
02-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Post a link dude
TroutLife,

Sorry. Wanted to post a link. My computer skills just failed me.

stefanoflo
02-13-2015, 12:40 AM
am i reading it right , but fish and game wanted to do away with Fish hatcheries???I hope im reading it wrong

On Tuesday, in a monumental ruling in favor of fishing, the California Third District Court of Appeals has “struck down the state Department of Fish and Wildlife’s illegally drafted permitting requirements on recreational freshwater fishing — regulations that threatened to decimate the $2.4 billion industry by driving fishing lakes, private hatcheries, and fish farms out of business,” according to a release from the Pacific Legal Foundation, which represented the California Association for Recreational Fishing (CARF) against the California Department of Fish and Wildlife…

GoneCountry
02-13-2015, 04:51 AM
Thank Goodness

Troutbead
02-13-2015, 08:46 AM
Think the Department of Fish and Wildlife is on the side of fishermen? Think again.

stefanoflo
02-13-2015, 03:25 PM
If what Im reading is the the DFGW want to do awy with Hatcheries , then they care only about keeping there jobs that doing there Jobs. Brown nosing all they can to stay afloat till they retire and get a Pension from the state.

hee-haw
02-13-2015, 03:29 PM
what the... damn dfg

Captain Compassion
02-13-2015, 03:50 PM
If what Im reading is the the DFGW want to do awy with Hatcheries , then they care only about keeping there jobs that doing there Jobs. Brown nosing all they can to stay afloat till they retire and get a Pension from the state.

What I believe what the CDFW wanted was for the hatcheries to do expensive Environmental studies on all those places where they stocked. These studies have all ready been done by the state. Didn't want trout eating the wrong kind of frogs.

CC

Line Stretcher
02-13-2015, 04:06 PM
if I followed it correctly, the intent of the illegal law was to make it nearly impossible for any of the fish at private hatcheries to end up anywhere that they were not supposed to be. After DFG lost the lawsuit regarding the planting of non native species in rivers, streams how could they ensure compliance if they were not the only source of the non native species?

I understand the intent of the law but I do not condone their dictator like methods. I'm glad they lost this battle and hope they loose many more. Maybe it will let them know that we are not just going to let them do as they please.

I can almost guarantee that this law will be brought back in some form or another. Keep an eye out for it buried in some other unrelated desirable bill and when you see it, start sending letters and emails.

stefanoflo
02-14-2015, 02:28 AM
well if are able to bring back a law they lost . how about the law of not planting Brown trouts in our streams about we get them to over turn that???
I like to see more browns in our lakes and streams ,If it Eats a Frog and it`s on the Endangered list , So be it .Plant more frogs . God, Mother nature made Animals what they are Not man
let whats meant to be ,,,be .Always wonders why King Salmon or Steelhead where never planted in Our lakes, besides Folsom.and Don Pedro (Kings)