PDA

View Full Version : Log out

snoose
02-06-2007, 07:46 AM
I can't log off the sight for some reason, any ideas? I try and it wont work.
Snoose

metalmouth
02-06-2007, 09:07 AM
snoose, I have that same problem. ;) ;) ;)

Seriously, I don't see your name on the logged in list.

snoose
02-06-2007, 09:13 AM
MM I see mine and yours both, oh well go figure
Snoose

Mickey_Thomas
02-06-2007, 11:53 AM
I'd blame the banana ;) I never log out, I just close the window when I'm done, is that wrong? :-/

AllFishNoWork
02-07-2007, 03:49 AM
No Mickey you aren't. I never log out. Holly will log me out and her on when she comes on and vice versa, otherwise I just close the window as well.

snoose
02-07-2007, 04:04 AM
All I was asking was why I can no longer log out of this site. I also am smart enough to close the window. The log in and out function does not work any longer. It is not a life threatening situation but it does make my heart sing to ask a question on this board that no one seems to be able to answer lol Where are the self styled experts on this one. [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

drstressor
02-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Self-styled expert advice:

Turn off your computer and re-set your modem (or just unplug it for a few seconds). *Trust me, you'll be logged out next time you go to the sniffer site. *You'll have to log in with your user name and password in order to be able to post.

snoose
02-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey doc, so much for misplaced trust lol your advice didn't work. This is strange but maybe the sniffer just wants me to stay here 24/7. Out of 9 sites I log onto this is the only one this occurs on and it just started a week ago. Like I said not a giant deal just strange.
Snoose

metalmouth
02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
We're all a bit strange Snoose, don't take it personal! ;) ;D 8-)

FISHSTALKER
02-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Snooze - You now have entered the Twilight Zone. You are now a Sniffer prisoner just like the rest of us. ;D ;D ;D

snoose
02-07-2007, 10:59 AM
As long as they don't lock me up with Carla [smiley=carla.gif]I am fine with it ;D ;D

drstressor
02-07-2007, 11:26 AM
We aren't done yet. If reseting you modem doesn't give you a log on requirement the next time you go to the sniffer page, then there must be another computer somewhere where you are still logged on.

Your logged on/off state is a function of the sniffer server software, not your own computer. Did you ever log on from a different computer and forget to log off? Could someone else be logged on as you?

snoose
02-07-2007, 11:28 AM
An emphatic no to all the above

FISHSTALKER
02-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I would think that clearing your cookies and or catch would solve it?

drstressor
02-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Yep. *The sniffer puts a cookie on your machine with login information. *But deleting his cookies probably won't work for snoose. *Nothing seems to work for snoose. ;D

Snoose, let me ask you a dumb question: When you try and log out, are you just closing the window or clicking the "logout" button at the upper right side of the page? The cookie that the board puts on your machine will automatically log you back in every time you go to the board unless you click that "logout" button.

You are not logged in at the time I am posting this. So there is no other machine using your identity.

snoose
02-08-2007, 04:37 AM
Jeeze Doc, at this point in the thread that question went beyond dumb ;) I am not a first year college student. ;D ;D
I just hit the "Logout" key several times and all it does is send me to the front page of the forum board where it shows me still aboard. I am also writing this after using the "Logout button" without logging back in.
I am glad to hear I was not logged on when you posted last night as I turned the puter off 20 minutes before you posted.

Snoose

FISHSTALKER
02-08-2007, 08:00 AM
It would seem then that the posibility of a hack has taken place and someone could be using Snoose's ID to access the board? :-/

metalmouth
02-08-2007, 08:15 AM
The Hotel Sniffer.

You can check out any time you like. . .

But you can never leave. ;D

snoose
02-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Room service is great though [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

drstressor
02-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Snoose, did you try clearing your temp files and cookies yet?

Maybe the universe is just set up to give you a hard time. :o

rlammi
02-08-2007, 02:04 PM
It has something to do with the cokies, cache or browser history .I have a program set to run every so often and after it runs I have to manually log back in ,or just don't select the for keeps when you login .At work I never log in I am there ,why do you want to log out ;D ;D
Ron

snoose
02-08-2007, 02:44 PM
It will sort itself out, I am done screwing with it. I will stay at the bar with Carla lol
I have done or looked into everything suggested, thanks for the efforts.

drstressor
02-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Try one more thing. Attempt to change your password and tell me what happens.

Mickey_Thomas
02-08-2007, 07:58 PM
I still say it's that dang banana :-/

snoose
02-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Problem solved,
When I switched over from internet exp to firefox as a browser last week I/e kept me logged in and firefox would not let me out. I went back into i/e, logged out of the sniffer and now Firefox works just fine logging in and out. Why it didn't effect the other forum boards I was logged into at the time I don't know nor do I care. It is fixed now. It is not the Banana and Carla can sit at the bar by herself.

Snoose

drstressor
02-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Hmmm. Maybe that's against the forum rules. You were letting a member post under your identity. Yourself. ;D