PDA

View Full Version : Users Online

SuperDave
12-13-2006, 02:38 PM
How hard would it be to show the users online in alphabetical order? My eyes aren't that good, trying to see if someone specific is logged on gives me a headache.

Mickey_Thomas
12-13-2006, 03:35 PM
First or last name first? screen name or real name? to many varibles Dave, you should have thought of that ::) I just scrole with my curser ;) When you speed read it only the names you know stand out 8-)

SuperDave
12-13-2006, 03:42 PM
First or last name first? screen name or real name? to many varibles Dave, you should have thought of that ::) I just scrole with my curser ;) When you speed read it only the names you know stand out 8-)

Okay knuckle head, the names are already shown but I have no idea what the order designation is, longest online? I'm just asking for a different sort of what is shown now.

drstressor
12-13-2006, 03:47 PM
The software has a log function that lists the people on line starting with the one on line longest to the last one to log on. That's what gets displayed. Can't be changed

SuperDave
12-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Can't be changed

Do I believe that, NO! Do I believe it WON'T get changed, YES! ::)

onemore_pass
12-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Super Dave
go check out who is online at Anglernet.net

SuperDave
12-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Hmmm, seems they are all listed in alphabetical order on that site.

drstressor
12-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Different software.

Or you can just think the sniffer hates you Dave. ;)

johnbfishin
12-13-2006, 08:11 PM
My name is always listed first, that's all I care about. ;) ;D

onemore_pass
12-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Dave
It must be a Pink-o Commie plot against you ;D

SuperDave
12-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Different software.

Or you can just think the sniffer hates you Dave. ;)

I'm voting for "who cares what software", it's all programable and someone would just be too lazy to write the code.

drstressor
12-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Sure. YaBBC is even open source. Only problem is that nobody involved with the sniffer is a programmer.

So stuff it Dave. ;) Just be glad that your name is first. Of course everybody else's name is first on their own screen.

SuperDave
12-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Just be glad that your name is first. **

That's the first thing I check because I'm not sure if I'm logged on or not. ::)

Mickey_Thomas
12-14-2006, 06:01 AM
Just be glad that your name is first. Of course everybody else's name is first on their own screen ;) I thought my name was first on everybody's computer :'( ;D ;D ;D oh that's right, this is all about "SuperDave" ::) ;) ;D :) it's always about Dave :-/ :-/

FISHSTALKER
12-14-2006, 06:09 AM
Dave - I think I would be more concerned about being logged on at work other than here on the Sniffer..................... since most of these tax paying members are paying for your time. ;) *::) Must be a State day off?
..............Then again .......maybe you are on Xmas break? :) :o Special holiday? ......... sick time off? ............. anniversery? .............. the State has adopted a Supper Dave holiday? No, no ......... you have been appointed to a special adhawk comity to study online fishing Forums and
make recommendations to the listing of member names? ;D ;D ;D

FISHSTALKER
12-14-2006, 06:37 AM
Just be glad that your name is first. *Of course everybody else's name is first on their own screen ;) I thought my name was first on everybody's computer :'( ;D ;D ;D oh that's right, this is all about "SuperDave" ::) ;) ;D :) it's always about Dave :-/ :-/

OH SHUT UP! ...............Mickey I can't believe you would be so snively about sharing. ;D This look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me BS is a big belly laugh. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

nevadatrout
12-14-2006, 06:53 AM

Okay knuckle head, the names are already shown but I have no idea what the order designation is, longest online? *I'm just asking for a different sort of what is shown now.

Dave , It looks to me as the order is in the last person to post something , so if you wanted to know who posted something that is the fist person after you which is Mickey and it is also in order by how long someone has been on line ,then it changes as each person relogs on , looks simple to me ;)

MB_Kevin
12-23-2006, 11:35 PM
I have noticed that even after someone has logged off there name stays on here for a long while after. Not that this has anything to do with anything just something I have noticed. ::)

johnbfishin
12-24-2006, 10:57 PM
I have noticed that even after someone has logged off there name stays on here for a long while after. *Not that this has anything to do with anything just something I have noticed. ::)

I'm just wondering how you know if the names stay or not after logging off?

MB_Kevin
12-26-2006, 10:16 AM
I have a few snifers on my Aol buddy list. I can see when they (mostly panfish on dial up) sign off line they stay on here for a while. or they are not on and line and when I get on and it still shows him. I guess others could be on internet explorer when signed off but I know panfish popper is not. Just something I knoticed.

drstressor
12-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Any user logged on when you first go to the sniffer page will appear logged on even if they go off line until you either refresh the page or log on and off yourself.