PDA

View Full Version : Stars * Stars * Stars * Stars *Stars

YakMotor
11-22-2006, 02:44 PM
How about a sniffer forum community project to help put more of our kinda stars in the universe? *My first contribution is a printable page of yellow/gold shaded star sets. *They have drop shadows too.

Printed on paper they could be put on the inside of a vehicle window. *Maybe there is a special waterproof vinyl paper that could be printed by inkjet and used for exterior application? *This as a starting point for your use and discussion.

For my own use I think I'll put just two sets on a page with some space between them. *Then I'll change the white background to a gray that matches my kayak. *After printing I'll fold and trim so the stars will show on both sides of a sheetmetal "billboard" that I'll make to attach by velcro to the top of the yak behind the seat. *Probably find a place to put some velcro on Ace's boat so my portable set of stars can go with us.

"CLICK" the thumbnail to access larger (250k file size) which is 8 1/2" x 11" page size at 150dpi. *I haven't tried printing it yet. but it ought to look pretty good. *OK, after clicking the thumbnail the image that shows on your screen will be smaller than the original. *To save a full sized version "click" on the picture so it resizes larger then RIGHT "click" and "SAVE PICTURE AS" to a place it on your hard drive.

NOTE: Fishstalker PMed me to say I was stepping on his "rights" so in regard to that I am changing the "clickable" thumbnail to a small photo representation of what I have posted. *It's not my intent to ruffle feathers but wonder the "take" on this situation from other sniffers.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6200/starspagethumbxm4.jpg

StocktonDon
11-22-2006, 03:39 PM
I like the idea of stars on vehicles - I know I can use all the friends and *help I can get, and I'd like to feel welcome to talk to others flying the stars.

BTW I am pretty sure RedRanger275 can offer to help SS or whoever is official produce vinyl sets of stars. *Anybody listening?

Others waiting:

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1162689988

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1164142960

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1164236214

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1164234249

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1164230011/3#3

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1164227106/0#7

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1162748164/0

FISHSTALKER
11-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Yup!......... this kinda stuff is another reason why I quit selling STARS. Too many people don't realise ownership rights.
The STARS DECALS were and are my idea and I licensed and set up a business site and sold them for three years. (all documented) Several people asked me if it was okay to make something STARS for their personal use and in most cases I said no problem. But when I see this kind of BS I get hot.
I have given Sturgeon Stomper the right to handle and sell the STARS DECALS. No one else is authorized to produce, duplicate or distribute without my express permission.
If you want the decals contact SS. His phone number is on his web site.
If SS has a problem producing let me know. There are other people that would love that privilage.
Thanks,
Dale

StocktonDon
11-22-2006, 04:03 PM
I totally support ownership rights in the Sniffer stars and thank FS for the great idea. *

As you can see from my posts, and I am guessing from posts by Sniffers like Yakmotor, the history and ownership of the stars was not known to newbies.

I PM'd SS a few weeks ago after a suggestion by DragonSlayer - no response. *I believe I saw some posts about SS getting into, or back into star action, from others but nothing from SS. *I am pretty sure RedRanger275 sent a PM and/or went to or tried to go to SS website - no joy. *No clue about what will be available, when, etc.

I just PM'd SS again and included the link to this thread. *The boards show some pent up demand - and some response by SS or by someone on his behalf would seem to be in order. *

Peace FS, just enthusiasm for all things Sniffer.

FISHSTALKER
11-22-2006, 04:34 PM
There is involvement behind the scenes. Please be patient.

StocktonDon
11-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Will do. **

Please consider having somone do the occasional update.

Thanks for the word.

Mickey_Thomas
11-22-2006, 04:57 PM
The Stars decal has been a great success, we do need someone to carry on for FISHSTALKER, he spent a lot of time and money getting it started, he's willing to have someone else do it but we need to find someone who will take the time to handle it well. Stomper is buried at work, can't handle it, everyone be patient like Dale said, we do need as many "stars" on the water as we can get, safety in numbers, sniffer reconisim,....................

StocktonDon
11-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Consider a PM to RedRanger275 re handling the stars.

two_lines
11-22-2006, 05:06 PM
I like to see stars on trucks in the parking lot to ;D So get two sets when you can ;)

YakMotor
11-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Dale I didn't realize this idea would be infringing on a for profit business ... especially one that doesn't seem to exist anymore. It's not my intent to sell anything other than the idea of getting some "stars" out there so we could smile and wave when we see them and recognize a fellow sniffer. My understanding of the sniffer forum policy is that business ventures were not to be advertised or promoted.

If I take your perspective Dale I understand why you are upset. You've made a great effort to establish and produce what's become a sniffer "icon." I have no problem with you being reasonably compensated for your efforts. Like others I attempted find a new sniffer source for stars but came to the conclusion nothing was available.

I have looked at photos of stars on boats and vehicles and have seen them on the water. I've never looked at them close-up. My effort at design was my own doing and not a effort to make a copy of yours.

While I respect your position and give you thanks and credit for the GREAT IDEA I'm going to go ahead with my idea of putting some stars on my kayak ... but I'll make 'em quite different so they won't be mistaken for yours.

RedRanger275
11-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Well guys I have just sent in my application for Star duty to FishStalker. We'll see what happens. I'm with Mickey T we need more stars out there. ;)

RedRanger275 - Out!

YakMotor
11-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Maybe the 5 yellow stars in a row is for a incognito cult following who want recognition only from those "in the know." * A set of stars is a lot less conspicous than a ...

TOTALLY COOL FULL COLOR LOGO!

http://www.cafepress.com/fishsniffer.12518971

(Found the link in a post on the "Talk to the Sniffer Board")

A couple of these on the yak ought to get sniffers' attention!

Dennis
11-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Respect the copyright and efforts of others. Taking over without authorization is like stealing someone's property. Just because it's a decal doesn't make it less offensive. Put youself in their place.

With all due respect. I'll wait for Fishstalker or his replacement.

StocktonDon
11-23-2006, 04:37 AM
YakMotor: Good find on the decals and thank you for starting this thread - I think some star action may be imminent in large part because of your post.

I assume the decals are Sniffer authorized?

I'm thinking a decal or two plus some stars - when the authorized version is available - will look great on my truck and each of my small fishing fleet.

How about a permanent Stars "Important topic" somewhere on the Sniffer boards? *Newbies could learn the history, give credit to FishStalker, learn what is authorized and what is not, where and how to get stars, ideas on where to display them, pictures, etc.

Let's fly those stars!

exocet
11-23-2006, 06:31 AM
The STARS DECALS were and are my idea and I licensed and set up a business site and sold them for three years. (all documented) Several people asked me if it was okay to make something STARS for their personal use and in most cases I said no problem. But when I see this kind of BS I get hot.
I have given Sturgeon Stomper the right to handle and sell the STARS DECALS. No one else is authorized to produce, duplicate or distribute without my express permission.
If you want the decals contact SS. His phone number is on his web site.
If SS has a problem producing let me know.

All we want are some stars for our rigs. SS is obviously to busy or isn't concerned about the stars. Unless you've got a copyright on them stars there's not much you can do about people making their own. I bought some stars from you for my last rig and you sent them right away. I've gotten no response from SS on the stars. If you were making money with the stars then why stop? Why not give the stars to fish sniffer so they can sell them at their store? Doesn't the stars logo actually belong to fish sniffer and not you?

RedRanger275
11-23-2006, 06:47 AM
Can anybody tell me who I can get a response from regarding these stars. I have read that Fishstalker started them and then passed it on to Sturgeon Stomper. I have sent pm's to SS last week and fishstalker 12 hours ago. Don't mean to stir poop, but darn people want stars and I can do them.
Maybe by a show of hands I can get an idea how many are looking for Sniffer Stars so I can take the demand numbers to the way higher up's and get an OK.

RedRanger275 - Out!

StocktonDon
11-23-2006, 07:55 AM
2 vehicles and one boat, so 3 sets for now.

FISHSTALKER
11-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Okay! Let's put the monster back in the box.

Sorry if I don't reply fast enough to suit you. I have been inundated with PM's and have made every effort to respond. I do have a list of those persons that would like to do the STARS.
I had thought that Sturgeon Stomper was at the controls and was doing business. My inquiry to him is still unanswered.
I have been in comuncation with Ric-1-ric who had offered to take on the STARS arround the same time SS did. He has assured me that he is up for the task and is ready to get going right now. We will make every effort to expidite.
Please be patient.
Thanks,
Dale

StocktonDon
11-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Excellent!

Thanks for the update.

Look forward to a ric1ric post soon.

(I suggest anyone who might want to help ric1ric PM him. Maybe a smal group under ric1ric would spread the load, create a pool of expertise, and be a more robust solution in the face of any future challenges.)

FISHSTALKER
11-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Wishing everyone a very happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours.
Dale

ric1ric
11-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone
I have been in contact with Dale, and will begin putting it together first thing Friday Morning. I promise I will be making a whole hearted effort to get this done as soon as possibly.
Thank You for your patience
Rick Betz
AKA ric1ric
ps I will keep you all updated every couple of days

MB_Kevin
11-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Maybe the 5 yellow stars in a row is for a incognito cult following who want recognition only from those "in the know." * A set of stars is a lot less conspicous than a ...

TOTALLY COOL FULL COLOR LOGO!

http://www.cafepress.com/fishsniffer.12518971

(Found the link in a post on the "Talk to the Sniffer Board")

A couple of these on the yak ought to get sniffers' attention!

Originally we did not want the logo with the stars. That way only fellow sniffers who actually read the site would be able to stop by and say hi. Not just anyone who knew what the sniffer was or the magazine.

This way with them on the truck/car at work your boss would not know to look at the stars and realize you were a sniffer and go to the site and see what you have been posting. (maybe something about sleeping at work or how you hate your job ext..)

Or anyone you might run into.

Someone might make you mad out on the water and you want to vent here. It might be harder if you know they seen the fish sniffer all over your boat and might decide to look up the site.

This way only people who read and post here on the sniffer know what it means. A secret fishing club ;)

MB_Kevin
11-23-2006, 01:14 PM
2 vehicles and one boat, so 3 sets for now.

Check before the order. When fish stalker was selling them a "set" was 2 sets of stars. One for each side of the boat or one for the boat and car. But 10 stars total, so you don't over order ;)

Dennis
11-24-2006, 07:19 AM
Yup!......... this kinda stuff is another reason why I quit selling STARS. Too many people don't realise ownership rights.

It's not trademarked or patented *::)

I still think that the Sniffer should've received some type of kickback from your sales. *Yeah everyone agreed, but i think you took advantage to advertise your product (decals). *Everyone else that advertise here pays their dues. *You didn't.
Don't read between the lines. *He didn't say trademarked or patented. *Photos aren't trademarked or patented but they still have ownership. *You can't just make copies of someone's photos and start selling them. *Graphic designs are very similar. *The patent offices would be overwhelmed with requests if every photo or design was submitted. *
Here's some reading on the matter:
http://www.trulyace.com/protectingyourcopyright.html
And as for taking advantage, we don't know what that agreement entailed. *It's the Fishsniffer's to give away if they so choose. *IMO advertising a set of stars is hardly a product line. *I don't recall seeing anything beyond the stars and photos of boats with stars on Fishstalker's site. *

metalmouth
11-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Easy does it Carlo my friend. Maybe you should talk to the Sniffer and Dale before saying such things on this thread. Fishstalker was doing all of us who chose to participate in the Stars program a favor. The Fish Sniffer also allowed us this favor by not imposing more costs to a project that was basically nonprofit. I think the least we can do to thank Dale for all of his hard work and the time he put into the project, is to respect his right to choose his replacement as well as respect his right to the design and print of a product that has benefited all of us. It wouldn't have existed without all that Dale did. That being said, I can understand how more people want to get stars. They will have to understand that it will happen in a time frame that works for all involved. As has been said, please be patient, and a little kinder when discussing someone who has given a lot to his fellow Sniffers.

Thanks,

MM

DragonSlayer
11-24-2006, 10:11 AM

It's not trademarked or patented *::)

I still think that the Sniffer should've received some type of kickback from your sales. *Yeah everyone agreed, but i think you took advantage to advertise your product (decals). *Everyone else that advertise here pays their dues. *You didn't.

I'd like you to explain to me why you want to start a fight. You've been here for years, have paid your dues and put in your time. You've fished with most of the top posters and i dare say you pre date the stars. I can understand a newbie (dwest, green as a bluegills butt) wanting to make hay about this trivial subject, but why are you piling on ? First off IM Stomper. If thats not working IM Fishstaker. If thats not working Try Deb and if you still have no response then I'd (not me)volunteer to do it and trust that Dale has put you on the good list. When Dale was running it there were times he'd post saying he's working on filling the orders or whatever, but why all this public out cry? You'd think you were standing in a bread line and they stop making bread. Chill out Carlo, you don't even have a boat to hang them on yet. I love ya little fella, but leave the whining to the newbies. You should be above nit picking in public. IMHO

StocktonDon
11-24-2006, 10:27 AM
"dwest, green as a bluegills butt" *

And proud of it! *I love being a rookie again. *Learning new stuff is great.

"wanting to make hay about this trivial subject"

Really just wanted some stars, and for some unknown reason it wasn't happening. *I suppose in the grand scheme of things almost everything related to fishing is trivial. *Still, if my newbie posts helped to get the stars flying again, it's all good.

The Sniffer boards are great and I'm impressed by everyone who helped create and sustain this community. *Dragonslayer, MickeyT, FishStalker, MetalMouth, Dennis, and so many more - you guys should know how great it is that you share your experience online. *Thanks.

PlugROCKSTAR
11-24-2006, 10:33 AM
I'd like you to explain to me why you want to start a fight. Chill out Carlo, you don't even have a boat to hang them on yet. I love ya little fella, but leave the whining to the newbies. You should be above nit picking in public. IMHO

1st off, I wasn't trying to start a fight. 2nd of all, i did have a boat and i didn't want anything to do with Fishstalkers decals. Whinning? Absolutely not. I was just voicing my opinion which i'm entitled to do.

If i offended you or anyone else. I sincerely apologize.

CHICKFISHING58
11-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Good Morning Everyone
I have been in contact with Dale, and will begin putting it together first thing Friday Morning. I promise I will be making a whole hearted effort to get this done as soon as possibly.
Thank You for your patience
Rick Betz
AKA ric1ric
ps I will keep you all updated every couple of days
[smiley=cheerleader.gif] [smiley=cheerleader.gif] [smiley=cheerleader.gif]
Rick,
I'm glad to see that the STARS will be taken care of good job [smiley=dancingorange.gif]

DragonSlayer
11-24-2006, 06:41 PM
"dwest, green as a bluegills butt" *

And proud of it! *I love being a rookie again. *Learning new stuff is great.

"wanting to make hay about this trivial subject"

Really just wanted some stars, and for some unknown reason it wasn't happening. *I suppose in the grand scheme of things almost everything related to fishing is trivial. *Still, if my newbie posts helped to get the stars flying again, it's all good.

The Sniffer boards are great and I'm impressed by everyone who helped create and sustain this community. *Dragonslayer, MickeyT, FishStalker, MetalMouth, Dennis, and so many more - you guys should know how great it is that you share your experience online. *Thanks.

I'd give you a lesson in quoting .......... but then you'd be dangerous http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/762/soapbox5gm.gif

You know i love you Donny http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9264/friends028hh.gif And you too Carlo http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8513/nzd6ot.gif

Know_Excuses
11-24-2006, 06:52 PM
I love you guys

ALOT :-*

Dennis
11-24-2006, 06:54 PM
You know i love you Donny *And you too Carlo
I can just FEEL all the love! * :o

rtandersen
11-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Is it possible to have a star only site instead of having it on 2 board ?
Randy

exocet
11-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Whew I can feel the heat!! ;D ;D Thanks Fishstalker for getting the job done again and a big thanks to ric1ric for stepping up to the plate. I got the paypal account ready for action whenever you make it happen. The last stars that I got for my boat were super high quality and I can't remember what I paid but I know it was cheap. I'm sure you weren't making much after expenses on those. Maybe you should charge a little more to make it worth your while. I for one will have no problem paying a little more to keep all parties happy (except 916steelhead J/K ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D).
-Aaron

DragonSlayer
11-24-2006, 08:16 PM
You know i love you Donny *And you too Carlo
I can just FEEL all the love! * :o

Dennis don't feel left out buddy ......... your like a Father to me [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

ric1ric
11-24-2006, 10:18 PM
I have my web site up and running still need to link my paypal to it. I will be speaking to the print company on monday then it just a matter of how long until they are complete. I will post a link as soon as they are ready. Be patient just alittle longer, I am working on it.
Thank you
ric1ric

metalmouth
11-25-2006, 01:05 AM
All's well that ends well. Thanks ric1ric for making it happen. It's nice to feel the love. . . * :-* ;D 8-)

Dennis
11-25-2006, 05:34 AM
Dennis don't feel left out buddy ......... your like a Father to me
Ok Clean up your room! [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] j/k

AllFishNoWork
11-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Hey Ric!!! I haven't ordered my stars from you yet and they are not even here yet. WTF is going on? Is this the kinda service we are to expect? Lets get this act together!

[smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Thanks Ric for taking on this enormous project!

TS5655
11-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Star Wars!!!

troutfan
11-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Star Wars!!!
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/24/combatepeenc0.gif

YakMotor
11-26-2006, 04:01 AM
Wonder if ric!ric will approve of these?
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/3171/smilestrip03transpam5.gif

ric1ric
11-26-2006, 07:30 AM
They do look alot like the last Fest

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Sorry for dropping the ball people. I set up the web site at $200 bones and then I just didnt even have the time to sniff. So I hope ric has it under control. I need a new set for meself. let me know so I can get reconized again ;D

Westesq
12-04-2006, 11:52 AM
SS, no biggee. Stuff happens.

ric1ric
12-04-2006, 02:27 PM
* * * * * * * * * THE STARS ARE OUT

Ok Boys and Girl They are printed and I pick them up tomorrow. Here is a link to my site
http://www.snifferstars.citymax.com/page/page/4086086.htm

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-04-2006, 06:11 PM
COOL I just ordered a new set for my new ride I havent even bought yet ::) *

Good Job Ric. again sorry people. I didnt mean to spoil the fun, trust me ;)

Mickey_Thomas
12-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Good Job Ric. again sorry people. I didnt mean to spoil the fun, trust me No harm no foul Garry, don't worry about it. Sometimes life gets in the way of our plans ;) Hope things get back on track for you soon so you can hit the water, sniffers are a forgiving group of people, in a couple of weeks you'll see we're a forgetful bunch too ;D ;D ;D

metalmouth
12-04-2006, 07:59 PM
The link for stars is now at the top of the Classified Board!