PDA

View Full Version : Carp Board

MinnowMagnet
03-25-2006, 06:12 AM
I realy think this site could use a carp board. It's not the most popular fish, but there are lots of people out there who love catching carp for there great fighting ability. This is a great site and we could make it better by adding a carp board. Not to many sites have a carp board, a carp board is hard to find. If we got a carp board we might get quite a few more members. Some people love catching carp, but have no board to share their information, and there are also lots of people who don't catch many carp who would like to see all the reports and tips posted on the fish sniffer fourms. I love this site and it covers many differnt fish, but it would be nice to have a board just for carp. I know that the General Freshwater Discussion covers carp but, I think if they had their own board there would be more infomation and reports and it might turn some more people onto carp fishing. I have only caught a few carp, but they are great fights. I fish for them all the time but dont catch many.
So, please give it some thought.

drstressor
03-25-2006, 06:50 AM
If there was a carp board, what would the people have left to discuss on the Freshwater board? ;)

MinnowMagnet
03-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Shad

AllFishNoWork
03-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Minnow, if you PM member Catfished I believe he can set you up with some good carp information.

MinnowMagnet
03-25-2006, 08:53 AM
I am on Catfished.com and I know where to get information. I think a carp board is a good idea.

Athlete24
03-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey, why not! The more the marrier right! ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
03-27-2006, 12:15 PM
and then a MudSucker Board too while were at it. ::)

CJC
03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Can you catch a 30 lb mudsucker? If so may be it deserves a spot too.

Here are a couple of reasons why I would like to fish for carps:

90% of the times I go fishing it is catch and release. Why not catch and release carp. They are good fighters and can get very big in our warm waters.

There are no salmon or steelhead in local lakes in the South bay.

The only place for bigger fish is in the SF bay and that can be hit and miss. Expect to drive a bit longer for some good fishing.

Canít eat more than a meal a month on those big fish anyway, so catch and release. Not much different that catch and releasing a carp.

10 lbs is easy with a carp. Try to get a 10 lb black bass.....

Bait for carp is cheap. No need for $15 pixies.

That is one under-rated fish and it's right in our backyards!!

Double_D
03-27-2006, 04:57 PM
I have recently been doing a lot of Slump Buster fishing(Carp) and really enjoy it on a 5.wt fly rod......and not ashamed to admit it.. ;D

CJC
03-27-2006, 05:47 PM
I have recently been doing a lot of Slump Buster fishing(Carp) and really enjoy it on a 5.wt fly rod......and not ashamed to admit it.. ;D

DD,

You are the one that got me thinking why not!! ;D ;D ;D

BTW, how successfull are you with the flies?

Double_D
03-28-2006, 07:53 AM

DD,

You are the one that got me thinking why not!! *;D ;D ;D

BTW, how successfull are you with the flies?

I was caching fish ever time out.....some were snagged(not on purpose)and the rest took a yellow egg pattern...all on a 5.wt fly rod......it was more just for practice fishing with a fly rod getting ready for Steel head season, then I found out how much fun fishing for Carp was :D

Steelhead
03-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey Slump Buster,

Have you got enough time to moderate between Raider games? [smiley=pirate.gif]
We need a snagger for a moderator [smiley=bananadevil.gif]

SLOfisher
03-29-2006, 08:42 PM
I thought a Carp Board was the thing you ate after you cooked the Carp on it, and then threw the Carp away.

Double_D
03-30-2006, 06:36 AM
Hey Slump Buster,

Have you got enough time to moderate between Raider games? [smiley=pirate.gif]
We need a snagger for a moderator [smiley=bananadevil.gif]

awesome finally were going to have a Snagger and Harvester and Poacher board, I'll moderate it.....cus that's the only way I know how to fish, is sang, harvest and poach fish ;D

cptfishalot
03-30-2006, 07:09 AM
I thought a Carp Board was the thing you ate after you cooked the Carp on it, and then threw the Carp away.

I'm sorry but I thought that was funny.....

panfish_popper
03-30-2006, 11:44 PM
I think there should be a Carp Board. There should be a poll asking people about it.

prelude916s
04-01-2006, 11:18 PM
and then a MudSucker Board too while were at it. ::)

THAT'S AN EXCELLENT IDEA!!!! HERE'S THE FIRST POST, "CAUGHT A 12" MUDSUCKER ON MY CUSTOM MADE WOODEN LURES!!!" Ey, why u always talkin smack to people, what the hell.

BITE_ME_II
04-03-2006, 05:19 PM
You guys are all kidding aren't you? A Carp board? Carp are covered already under freshwater.

my2 cents

BITE ME II
8-) 8-)

striper_assasin
04-05-2006, 09:03 AM
well we have a combo board salmon/steelhead.why not make the catfish board a combo board (catfish/carp board).

drstressor
04-05-2006, 09:06 AM
OK, now please explain to us again why you can't continue posting the few carp threads on the Freshwater board? Are you offended by the occasional squaw fish or sucker thread on that board? ;D

striper_assasin
04-05-2006, 09:27 AM
people new to the boards or people viewing this site for the 1st time can see it and find it much easier in a designated board if thats what they were interested in getting info on.
it was just a thought.

CJC
04-05-2006, 09:52 AM
You guys are all kidding aren't you? A Carp board? Carp are covered already under freshwater.

my2 cents

BITE ME II
8-) 8-)

OK, now please explain to us again why you can't continue posting the few carp threads on the Freshwater board? Are you offended by the occasional squaw fish or sucker thread on that board? ;D

Okay,

Going by that logic, why can't we have trout talk in the fresh water thread as well or the salmon and steelhead talk in there also. It appears that the reason to place them apart is because it a unique style of fishing and people that do that kind of fishing tend to get together.

drstressor
04-05-2006, 09:59 AM
The other boards (with the possible exception of the mac board) get lots of threads. So the intention is to make it easier for folks to find the info they need.

If there were 30 carp threads per day on the Freshwater board, that would be a good reason to start a separate board for carp.

But don't try doing what you're thinking. ;D

CJC
04-05-2006, 10:46 AM
But don't try doing what you're thinking. ;D

I'd rather be fishing. ;) ;D

Double_D
04-05-2006, 06:33 PM
We don't need a Carp board, what we have is fine.

panfish_popper
04-06-2006, 09:24 PM
I still think we should have a poll and vote on it.

Smeja
04-08-2006, 10:10 PM
ya i say we split it with the catfish board. the catfish board doesnt make much sense to me anyways. i mean of course we need it but it sure seems mosts of the posts in there are from nov-march when cats are NOT hitting then when they are hitting from june-aug. maybe i'm wrong and that is not the way it is at all.

troutfan
04-09-2006, 10:24 AM
ya i say we split it with the catfish board. the catfish board doesnt make much sense to me anyways. i mean of course we need it but it sure seems mosts of the posts in there are from nov-march when cats are NOT hitting then when they are hitting from june-aug. maybe i'm wrong and that is not the way it is at all.
That's a great idea. You can call it "Bottom Feeders" ;)

MinnowMagnet
04-16-2006, 08:39 AM
ANY MORE VOTES?

SEEKER
04-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Maybe a KOI/CARP board you might get more traffic. Would also like to see a BAIT BOARD. The BAIT Board is a great idea then you could do away with all the other boards all together. WHERE THERE IS BAIT , YOURE SURE TO FIND EVERYTHING ELSE you are fishing for ;D. Have a great day.

MinnowMagnet
04-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Maybe a KOI/CARP board you might get more traffic. Would also like to see *a BAIT BOARD. The BAIT Board is a great idea then you could do away with all the other boards all together. WHERE THERE IS BAIT , YOURE SURE TO FIND EVERYTHING ELSE *you are fishing for ;D. Have a great day.

Koi/carp board sounds great. And you should post a topic asking for a Bait Board

Diego916
04-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Having a carp board or carp/catfish board would increase traffic, IMO. People looking for information and discussion on carp fishing who stumble upon the sniffer via google or some other search aren't always going to know the general freshwater board is where they need to post questions or look for info.

MinnowMagnet
10-03-2006, 05:31 PM
with this, are we going to make a carp baord or not because i have not heard any thing about this topic in a long time?

panfish_popper
10-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah, what is up with this? It shows that a majority of the voter want some form of a Carp board.....So what up?

SuperDave
10-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah, what is up with this? It shows that a majority of the voter want some form of a Carp board.....So what up?

Apparently not a carp board. ;D ;D

When do carp fishermen do their thing? I'd tag along to a carp fest at least once.

metalmouth
10-04-2006, 02:07 PM

7 months, 34 posts, only 25 real votes. That kind of tells the story.

SuperDave
10-04-2006, 02:10 PM

7 months, 34 posts, only 25 real votes. That kind of tells the story.

Don,

Don't use that logic, the widows board was created on the basis of 6 votes. ::)

Novi
10-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I would like info regarding how to troll for carp.

metalmouth
10-05-2006, 06:23 AM
I would like info regarding how to troll for carp.

Me too! I think SuperDave caught one trolling. ;D

SuperDave
10-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Carp or Brown, same same. ;D The first key is to have Doc driving the boat and talking at the same time. That way, the boat ends up in places you'd never have thought of trolling. ;D

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7602/gorgebrown4503aw.jpg

MB_Kevin
10-05-2006, 06:48 PM
I think I found your cell Phone ;D

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8460/mikeys20catchcm9.jpg

MinnowMagnet
12-01-2006, 07:27 PM
I've been woundering what is happening with this thread, is there going to be a carp board or not? I asked already, but did not get an answer.

drstressor
12-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Be realistic guys. *There aren't enough members who fish specifically for carp to merit a separate board. *Post up on the Freshwater board. *