PDA

View Full Version : The Striper Archive Board

Know_Excuses
10-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Just wondering if its time to get rid of this board yet.It seems that it just confuses the new guys, and all the old info can now be found (for the most part) on the new striper board.

FS Marketing
11-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Please contact the moderator and see what he thinks... then he can contact me, Admin, and I can dump the old board....
Deborah

Just wondering if its time to get rid of this board yet.It seems that it just confuses the new guys, and all the old info can now be found (for the most part) on the new striper board.

Know_Excuses
11-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanks, will do ;D

donzitroller
11-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Mike, sent you a PM bout this.. lemme know.

Double_D
11-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Donzi....you know you want to do it........hit the button and NUKE! the thread.... ;D ;)

donzitroller
11-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Donzi....you know you want to do it........hit the button and NUKE! the thread.... ;D ;)
LOL.. ya know I'd love to!

HOWEVER, if the old board goes away, so do all the posts.. and the post counts.. how many of us would lose >1000 posts? Maybe more? That's been the big sticking point thus far.. any thoughts?

Double_D
11-20-2006, 08:23 PM
::)...better leave it *:D *how about locking it down, so no one posts and you don't have to keep moving posts over to the New Striper thread, but I'm sure you would have done that if you could. 8-) :)

rtandersen
11-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Is there a way to put the old striper board and mix it it to the new striper board ?

MB_Kevin
11-22-2006, 11:39 PM
I think it has been long enough. It might be time to get rid of it. there is alot of good info on it and not sure why it was moved but to clean up the boards I would be ok if you got rid of it. :'(

donzitroller
11-29-2006, 06:38 AM
Is * there a *way to put *the *old striper board *and mix it *it to the new striper board ?
Yep, there is a way to do this.. move each individual post.. ALL 62 PAGES OF THEM.. if you've got the time and patience to do it, let me know and we might be able to arrange something. The bad thing is, moving a post assigns it the date you move it, not the date the post was actually made.. SO.. if the posts were moved, they would all be new, and all the current stuff would drop back 62 pages.. kinda like trying to get my 54 Ford pickup running.. more trouble than it's worth. Does it really bother you guys that much to go to the NEW STRIPER BOARD?

rtandersen
11-30-2006, 03:42 AM
Donzi
It was a thought .

donzitroller
11-30-2006, 06:47 AM
Donzi
*It was a thought .
;) I hear ya.. and a good though it was! Sometimes though, it's better just to let things be. Can't make everyone happy.. when the board was in Saltwater, people complained.. when it got moved to Freshwater, people complained. Result: Striper Archive Board.. complaints.. Maybe we get rid of it and all the posts that go along with it.. guess what? PEOPLE ARE GONNA COMPLAIN..

GO FIGURE.. :P

MB_Kevin
11-30-2006, 01:22 PM
I like having it there. that was the first year i started surf fishing and I can look up what I want to know/remember!

Not that i do but I can ;)

CJC
11-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Donzi,

That thread was locked at one time. Those are archives and should remain locked. I don't know why would you want to unlock it and let people post on those threads again. Just my 2 cents.