PDA

View Full Version : Refreshing the screen?

SuperDave
11-13-2006, 08:35 AM
On many occassions I start a reply to a post and by the time I hit the "send", there are several replies minutes older than mine infront of me that weren't there when I started my reply. How does this work?

drstressor
11-13-2006, 08:51 AM
This only happens to you Dave. It's because the universe hates you. ;) ;D

Actually, posts appear on the boards within a second or so after they are received. When posting, you will often see "so and so and so and so are replying to this thread" at the top of the screen. If they hit the send button before you do, their posts will appear ahead of yours. The time stamp on a post seems to be set when you hit the reply button. You just think and type too slow Dave. ;D

SuperDave
11-13-2006, 09:07 AM
This only happens to you Dave. *It's because the universe hates you. ;) ;D

I'm thinking that's just you, Doc. Everyone else just dislikes me. ;)

*You just think and type too slow Dave. ;D

I guess that's what I get for putting so much thought into my responses. :(

Mickey_Thomas
11-13-2006, 05:08 PM
I guess that's what I get for putting so much thought into my responses. * *:( And it's obvious Dave ;D ;D ;D The trouble I have is even typing short replys I hit send and the sight times out on me. >:( Then I have to hit refresh, and sometimes retry to re-enter the site. What gives with that All Knowing Doctor?

drstressor
11-13-2006, 05:18 PM
The universe obviously has it in for you too Mick. ;)

I've never had the sniffer site time out on me. Maybe it has something to do with your weird satellite system.

Mickey_Thomas
11-13-2006, 06:30 PM
It could be my server but it's all I have unless I want to go back to Georgetown phone lines, *::) Then I'll be like Farrier Frank and only read the highlights >:( >:( >:( I guess I'll do what I've been doing, live with it ;)

AllFishNoWork
11-13-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm thinking that's just you, Doc. Everyone else just dislikes me.

That just might be one of your best comebacks yet Dave :D

When posting, you will often see "so and so and so and so are replying to this thread" at the top of the screen.

I have never noticed that, but then again, I'm about as fast as Franks phone line. ;D

Mad_Russian
11-13-2006, 10:15 PM
*When posting, you will often see "so and so and so and so are replying to this thread" at the top of the screen. *
I can see that only on the boards that I moderate. Doc must have special powers or something that we dont know about :o

MB_Kevin
11-13-2006, 11:01 PM
You must be posting on popular threads for that to happen. You just need to start reading posts that are on the second page and you will be fine. ;)

Or post faster

Mickey_Thomas
11-14-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm thinking that's just you, Doc. Everyone else just dislikes me. Not everyone dislikes you SuperDave, some just kinda likes you ;) You do seem to be Doc's whipping child these days, I like that because he leaves me alone when he does that ;D ;D ;D
When posting, you will often see "so and so and so and so are replying to this thread" at the top of the screen. And I think he made this one up ::)

AllFishNoWork
11-14-2006, 07:07 AM
I can see that only on the boards that I moderate.

I thought that might be the case.

SuperDave
11-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Not everyone dislikes you SuperDave, some just kinda likes you ;) You do seem to be Doc's whipping child these days, I like that because he leaves me alone when he does that ;D ;D ;D

Everyone should have a purpose, Mickey, mine is apparently to be your rodeo clown. * [smiley=clown.gif]

metalmouth
11-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Not everyone dislikes you SuperDave, some just kinda likes you ;) You do seem to be Doc's whipping child these days, I like that because he leaves me alone when he does that ;D ;D ;D

Everyone should have a purpose, Mickey, mine is apparently to be your rodeo clown. * [smiley=clown.gif]
That's just wrong! Dave, you are still my bud no matter what Doc says about you. [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

FISHSTALKER
11-15-2006, 03:16 PM
;D If you guys see Dave is posting, turn up your sound. When Doc starts to responds to Dave ..........the Banjo player from Deliverance starts playing. ::) ;D

metalmouth
11-15-2006, 04:18 PM
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/07/36/39/image_339367.jpg

Dohhh!!

Pic borrowed from Erreck. :-*