PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Pyramid

smokie
02-27-2015, 07:44 AM
If one is going to Pyramid Lake from Susanville is it better to go to Reno then take Pyramid Lake Rd? How practical is it to go thru Patton Village then take Surprise Village Rd to the lake. I'd be towing a small boat.

Line Stretcher
02-27-2015, 07:57 AM
Smokie, you'd be backtracking if you went all the way into Reno. I've never come in that way but it might be worth a day trip of shore fishing just to check it out.

Captain Compassion
02-27-2015, 08:27 AM
Smokie, you'd be backtracking if you went all the way into Reno. I've never come in that way but it might be worth a day trip of shore fishing just to check it out.

Agreed. Make sure the roads are clear and dry for your trip through Clamper Country.:naughty:

CC

OYD
02-27-2015, 08:36 AM
It all depends upon how comfortable you are with puling your boat over unpaved roads via the Patton Village route. If you are adventurous, you can try one way via Reno and the other way via Patton Village to compare the comfort and travel time difference.
Hopefully, someone from the Susanville area will see this thread and give you some better advice.
A couple of guys from Susanville placed in the Crosby Lodge derby and you can find their names on the crosbylodge.net site. Maybe you can give one of them a call to get some first hand info.

okie
02-27-2015, 08:45 AM
going by reno is about 30 miles farther, not knowing the road conditions i would take that
route, maybe sometime try the other way first and bank fish for a day do you will know
what the roads are like. if you come diwn during the week, i could probably meet you out
there and show you some places to bank it.
be safe

smokie
02-27-2015, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys.

If its only 30 miles longer its probably better to stay on paved roads. Not as adventurous as I once was.