PDA

View Full Version : UPCOMING EVENTS

tjfish
10-19-2006, 08:19 AM
I just discovered on the "Trout" board the "upcoming events" calendar. That is real neat idea by Troutfan. It sure will help a lot of people plan for future events and it gives everyone one place to look. Any chance it can be a separate forum for all to see. I noticed a lot of people missing the latest Pyramid Fest because of scheduling conflicts. Thanks.

metalmouth
10-19-2006, 03:30 PM
The events calendar link that you saw is for charities to advertise their events. Events such as the Pyramid Fest are impromptu events which are not sponsored by the Fish Sniffer and are generally listed on the Hitch Hiker Board. The Pyramid Fest event was posted on the Fresh Water, Trout, and Campfire Board for 2 months. They are not held on dates that are predetermined. Usually someone will get the idea for a fest any where from 90 days to 1 week before they go. Because the dates are never determined very long in advance scheduling conflicts do happen.

troutfan
10-19-2006, 05:45 PM
If you don't want to miss Pyramidfest next year you can plan on mid-October. The exact date and tons of other information will be posted in late August. Doc and Biteme II and a few others do an excellent job at keeping everyone informed. This year I had a scheduling conflict with work and couldn't make it but next year I'll just quit my job! ;) ;D

tjfish
10-19-2006, 06:14 PM
I guess I just don't understand this whole system. I just thought it would be nice to have a annual calendar with all events as shown in Troutfans link. I shows boat shows, sports shows, derbys for black bass, trout, kokanee, striped bass, etc. Are all these events sponsored by Sniffer? It appears to me that if someone wanted to organize a "fest" for all persons it can be posted on this calendar if it was for public use. By the way, I was not interested in attending the Pyramid fest, I just used it as an example of one that could have listed on a public calender of events.

metalmouth
10-19-2006, 08:03 PM
The list of events on the event board have outside promoters and are not affiliated with the Fish Sniffer. The board can't actually post events that do not have insurance and such. Due to liability rules, all of these "events" or "fest" that we talk about are informal get togethers. Hence the name "Pyramid Fest" instead of "Fish Sniffer Fest at Pyramid." Since we the members don't have insurance against liability and the board can't be liable, the list of events on the event board are covered by the liability insurance of the organizer, charity, or promoter. 8-) With this in mind Farrier Frank keeps an informal list of upcoming "Fests" on the Hitch Hiker Board. ;)

FS Marketing
11-07-2006, 09:34 AM
I have added the link to the Official Events Calendar (http://www.webcreator.com/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar.pl) at the top of the forums in the News Ticker right under the date/time stamp...

Deborah

troutfan
11-08-2006, 02:19 AM
Thanks Deborah!