PDA

View Full Version : Oregon fishsniffer reports

oldguy64yo
10-03-2006, 05:29 PM
I really enjoyed participating in your postings and return comments from all your members in the northern Calif. areas while I was on vacation in that area these past couple of months.
Now the question is, I live in Oregon, and love to fish the local lakes, rivers and ocean and I'd like to start up a like posting board in my area. What can be done by you (fishsiffer) to start up a board here?
Thanks
oldguy

FISHSTALKER
10-06-2006, 07:47 AM
oldguy64yo - I read your post a couple of days ago and waited to see if the Sniffer Admin/ Mods would reply to your post. They haven't yet.
So here are my thoughts (.02). This board already exists and certainly has a few members in the Oregon area. It makes no sense to reinvent what already exists. Many members here in Calif. have interest in Oregon as they have many favorite Lakes / Rivers there that they enjoy traveling to and fishing. There are many other States and places that are posted about too! All of this is done on our "outer limits" board.
I would suggest that it is up to you along with other Oregonians to join in and help expand the number of posts on this board with your experiences.
I will admit that for current information I will visit IFISH.NET which is a board that is relative to your area and Wahington.
The shared interest and info from one State to another shure helps when traveling to a fishing spot for the first time.

metalmouth
10-06-2006, 08:28 AM
The admins have been in Mexico on a fishing trip. I agree with Fishstalker that it's great to hear from fisherman in other areas. Until we get more posts from your area, I also search the board that was mentioned above for info specific to Oregon and Washington.

Mickey_Thomas
10-06-2006, 02:11 PM
I too would love to see more Oregon reports, my wife and I drove from the coast on 101 and headed east on hwy 38 to hwy 5, it's along a river I can't spell but anyway we felt we could live there when she retires in 5 years, fishing the ocean when the salmon are running, hitting the lakes when the Browns are bitting and catching nice rainbows in a river sounds like heaven to me :D