PDA

View Full Version : How about a bank fishing board?

lilguppie
09-03-2006, 12:44 PM
How does anyone feel about adding a bank fishing board? I am probably one of the few people that does not own a boat, so that leaves limited options as to where AND when I can fish. It seems like 99 percent of posts relate to having some kind of boat. Just curious if anyone else feels the need also.[smiley=angling.gif]

SalmonHunter
09-03-2006, 08:40 PM
actually depending on what kind of fishing u like alot of us on here bank fish i dont own a boat either

MB_Kevin
09-03-2006, 11:04 PM
This has been brought up before. Its not a bad idea but can also be found on the fish you are targeting. many of us dont have boats. I have an inflatable boat and am going to buy a boat but even with a boat I just like to use it to get me to a shore without other people. Not really to fish from. Bank fishing is cool but can be crowded.

I would not think that 99% of us fish from a boat ;) If you do have a bank fishing question you could ask about it on the board for the fish you are trying to catch.

I do think it is a good idea.

Seceret_hole
09-04-2006, 03:23 PM
I have a boat, but I bank fish 99% of the time. way more convenient for me :) I think you will find more anglers fishing from shore than on boats.

striper_assasin
09-05-2006, 11:49 AM
im with you secret on the having a boat yet only fishing on a bank.i fish on banks instead also.
a.its more comfortable(fire,bbq ect.....)
b.everyone that brings there boat out to fish cast there line where the guys/gals on the bank are fishing from.i find it amussing when i sit at a location and people pull up on a boat ,and with the whole area of the river they can fish on,they always pull right up in front of you on a bank.
and honestly as for stripers most fish are a certain distance from thebank anyways cause thats where there bait is;)
unless were talking about riovista water ways.then off course at times a boat is a must.

mark59808
09-21-2014, 06:29 PM
I agree, how about a Bank fishing board??? I can't pull a boat and an RV at the same time and I'm not gonna sleep in a tent (Too old for that) so I bank fish.. Pier's and jetty's is the only board I can get any info. They should start a board for bank fisherman

redneckpunk
09-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Believe it or not, a much greater number of "members" are boatless and bankers than are boaters. However, so many do not post or contribute. And while I havent done the tedious work calculating boat vs bank reports, Im willing to bet its fairly even, with the exception of the Salt boards. Also, most of us with boats started as bankers. If you want to post something pertaining to bank fishing, put it on the appropriate board and be sure to state that it refers to banking

~RNP

salmonid
09-21-2014, 07:07 PM
How does anyone feel about adding a bank fishing board? I am probably one of the few people that does not own a boat, so that leaves limited options as to where AND when I can fish. It seems like 99 percent of posts relate to having some kind of boat. Just curious if anyone else feels the need also.

We got you covered already, guppie!

Lots of folks here bankin' it too. Read the sections you are interested in and you will find lots of bankers.

Take care,

redneckpunk
09-21-2014, 08:10 PM
I was wondering why I didnt see this thread before my response and just realized the OP is 8 years old. But it still all applies

~RNP

49erbassman
09-21-2014, 08:14 PM
I was wondering why I didnt see this thread before my response and just realized the OP is 8 years old. But it still all applies

~RNP

Lmao...I was cracking up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salmonid
09-21-2014, 08:48 PM

~RNP

Argghhh! Hate when that happens.

Best,

salmonid
09-21-2014, 09:11 PM
fridge drop...

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/members/salmonid/albums/pic-help-2/23406-grav-fridge.gif

Jfitalia
09-22-2014, 03:49 AM

~RNP
Yup and he's probably taller than me

dsa2780
09-29-2014, 10:27 PM
I agree, how about a Bank fishing board??? I can't pull a boat and an RV at the same time and I'm not gonna sleep in a tent (Too old for that) so I bank fish.. Pier's and jetty's is the only board I can get any info. They should start a board for bank fisherman

I concur with what's been said. The bulk of my posts up until these past 10 months have been bank fishing reports or info. The same goes for many, many, many of the members that post. It never hurts to read up a bit on tactics used by boaters as well. The boards are goldmines of knowledge. Hell, I read and take notes about offshore tuna fishing and I've never been more than 14 miles away from the coast. A little extra knowledge never hurts as you never know when it may come in handy.

I also don't like separating bank anglers from boat anglers. It furthers the ridiculous "one is better than the other" argument that always seems to emerge. Next thing you know you have a thread with bank fishermen saying they have more skill due to their "extreme limitations", and boaters calling bank anglers commie peasants who don't work for what they have lol. It ends badly.

F33rNoFish
09-30-2014, 05:25 AM
I own two aluminum boats at the moment but REALLY enjoy bank fishing. Especially when a group of ppl come with me or if I'm fishing alone. I think I prob prefer it at this point.

I have yet to use my boat/s to fish the delta but when I started to really think about getting a boat I also wanted to get on the water to find better, secluded beaches or fishy spots to bank fish from. Still haven't done that but will likely...one day. Or the next...

Having said all that, I have a 12' aluminum car topper with a 3.5hp outboard (needs carb cleaned) and a electric trolling motor that I'd let go for CHEAP! PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk