PDA

View Full Version : Persistent Troll

PlugROCKSTAR
07-09-2006, 09:11 PM
WHY can't the Sniffer Admins put a IP Ban on persistent trolls. I'm sure you guys know exactly who i'm talking about. He goes by the following names.

Tcup
The_Cup
2b_booted
tripper
backslash
gaffer

>:( I'm thinking about a $4,000 tax bill for this guy wasting our coast guard resources!!!
This joe blo didnt care enough about his own family to take a cell phone with him. And you bleeding hearts just wasted the time of our coast guards looking for the jerk....
I'm pizzed off with this idiot that doesnt care about about anyone other that his own selfish azz

>:( Great,, i want to know if 'steve" agree's that using the limited resources of the coast guard was worth it, all because he didn't have a line of communication.
If some friken terrorist made it thru the lines of defence because his azz used up our resourses.
Take a friken cell phone wid ya, other these idiots on this board will scream bloody murder for an unjust cause.
Screw you steve for using up our nqations valuable defence resource...,
jerk-off >:(

Double_D
07-10-2006, 01:35 AM
I have noticed a lot of trolling lately......I've done my part...I don't respond to trolls anymore ;)

donzitroller
07-10-2006, 05:39 AM
I have noticed a lot of trolling lately......I've done my part...I don't respond to trolls anymore ;)
I've noticed an increase in the amount of trolling lately as well.. unfortunately Bodega has been pretty windy so I think it's time for the Scottys to get a freshwater workout!

Doin my part, one nuke at a time! ;D

Double_D
07-10-2006, 06:27 AM
I've noticed an increase in the amount of trolling lately as well.. unfortunately Bodega has been pretty windy so I think it's time for the Scottys to get a freshwater workout!

Doin my part, one nuke at a time! *;D

right on Donzi.....thats right you have the NUKE botton.....how much TDA do you have, Troll Damage Assessment ....... ;D ;D

metalmouth
07-10-2006, 08:15 AM
I am doing my part to remove these posts as soon as they are spotted. If someone sees a suspicious post on the Salmon board, please pm me and we will have it removed.

MM

PlugROCKSTAR
07-10-2006, 08:23 AM
I am doing my part to remove these posts as soon as they are spotted. If someone sees a suspicious post on the Salmon board, please pm me and we will have it removed.

MM

I'll just call you on your cell. how bout' that ;) ;D

metalmouth
07-10-2006, 08:36 AM
:)

drstressor
07-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Folks, when you see a Troll post, please don't respond. Even if it is a personal attack. These people are looking for your responses, so don't give them the satisfaction.

Just PM the board moderator. PM both of the moderators on boards with more than one.

Steelhead
07-12-2006, 10:14 PM
and PM steelhead

Seceret_hole
07-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I was told by a moderator they can't remove anyone, only admin can.
Is this valid? Does it even matter anyway? All the troll has to do is sign up under a different email address and their back in. IP bans are the only way to help prevent persistent trolls and other undesirables.

metalmouth
07-20-2006, 05:25 AM
Steelhead is the Admin. ;D Moderators do not remove people. Yes there are ways to block people from this site. ;) Are you currently having a troll problem? >:(

metalmouth
07-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I read his posts. He is correct about there being less info this year than last but also seems to accept the reason. It didn't seem to be the quite the same writing style. He was willing to help out the poster with the Q without naming spots but we will be watching. 8-)

PlugROCKSTAR
07-20-2006, 09:12 AM
I read his posts. He is correct about there being less info this year than last but also seems to accept the reason. It didn't seem to be the quite the same writing style. He was willing to help out the poster with the Q without naming spots but we will be watching. 8-)

Thanks MM. I deleted my response since i wasn't 100% sure.

The_Big_Sinus
07-20-2006, 10:34 AM
IP bans are the only way to help prevent persistent trolls and other undesirables

That works so long as there is a static IP. If you have, say, an AOL, earthlink, DSL and cable accounts (insane, but possible for some, say, student, types, who might have a university/college account as well), then you have multiple IP's... Best way to cope is non-response and admin notification. Eventually the attention-deprived will lose interest and go where someone cares...

drstressor
07-20-2006, 04:30 PM
The software allows the admins to block ranges of IPs to shut out specific routers. That causes some collateral damage, but in some cases it has been worth it.

Since valid e-mail addresses need to be associated with registrations, there are other ways to go after offenders if necessary. It it just a matter of how persistant the Troll turns out to be.

But we ask everyone to do as Sinus suggested. Don't respond to the posts and notify the board moderators and the admins.