PDA

View Full Version : Boar Hunting

LILALILFA
12-17-2009, 09:08 AM
anyone know a good place to go boar hunting?????

oldfisherman
12-20-2009, 11:55 AM
I used to hunt Mt Oso but I was up there a couple days ago and it appears they have moved on. No pigs and no sign was seen. There are lots of pigs in the Hornitos area but it is all private land and most will not allow you in unless you really know them well.

waterdog
12-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Look into Indian Valley area in lake county. I have never hunted pig there but have seen pigs and signs of pigs there. There are deer there also. Watch out for rattlers though, I have seen more rattlers there than anywhere else.
Waterdog :)

acldo6390
12-23-2009, 04:23 AM
Try Hunter Liggett, I've been out in the muzzle loading areas several times and have seen pigs four out of my last five trips.* Google Hunter Liggett hunting program and just follow the relatively simple instructions.* They have an area for camping as well as some limited lodging.* Good luck, I'll be out there next over the presidents holiday.

smithstation
01-14-2010, 06:35 AM
* There are lots of pigs in the Hornitos area but it is all private land and most will not allow you in unless you really know them well.

There is some BLM ground above town, its called Hunters Valley. I have killed a good buck or two in the area during archery season. Most of the pigs are in the Corsgold/Oakhurst area now. There are a bunch of pigs around if you can get access to the property. Raymond area also has a lot of pigs but all private property.

GetEm925
02-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Red Bluff we've shot a couple up there and stoney ford has alot of pigs up there and turkey

GUSANO
02-05-2010, 04:42 AM
Anybody been to Tumey Hills for Boar? SouthWest of Los Banos. BLM land. I've never been there but planning to make my first trip in March for a hog. I'm getting the maps from BLM, its just if theres a particular area anyones knows there that has good numbers of hogs, it be great to know. I don't want to waste time driving around glassing. I'd raher stop, set up, hike in, spot and stalk. Don't spot burn, PM me if you have to. Thanks. Oh and I'm using a rifle, so if you know an area claser to SF bay that would be great. I know upper cottonwood creek WA just closed.
~

fishingfan
02-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Red Bluff we've shot a couple up there and stoney ford has alot of pigs up there and turkey

Stoney Ford has pigs? I've hunted there for about 15+ years and have never seen a pig. Maybe it's just my luck. :-/ :'(

MontanaN8V
02-06-2010, 11:31 PM
stoneyford has bear valley road to indian valley, loaded with pigs, but all private and leased by an outfitter. The blm is up high, and in the thick.
I have gone to F. hunter liggett several times on training and hunting. Good pigs there, but they are spotty in that they move around a lot, and a unit that you are used to the area might be closed for trianing that weekend. But is the best place for the public to get one in my opinion.

MontanaN8V
02-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Some people say there are pigs in Smartsville by camp far west, I have hunted and hiked most of it, and if there is any, they are not in numbers and good about not being seen.

GetEm925
02-07-2010, 04:23 AM

Stoney Ford has pigs? I've hunted there for about 15+ years and have never seen a pig. Maybe it's just my luck.* :-/ :'(

Yeah i was Hunting private land in stoney ford i know someone who has about 50 acres up there just loaded with pigs and turkey

tt31
04-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Stoney Ford has pigs? I've hunted there for about 15+ years and have never seen a pig. Maybe it's just my luck.* :-/ :'(

Yeah i was Hunting private land in stoney ford i know someone who has about 50 acres up there just loaded with pigs and turkey[/QUOTE]

I used to ranch in Bear Valley and we also had a lease in Stoney Ford. That whole arae crawls with pigs, I honestly saw pigs on a daily, basis even in mid day in the heart of the summer. There is a guide that guides on the ranches that I worked on and he garantees a shot oppertunity, usualy he gettis multiples.