PDA

View Full Version : 3rd event in NorCal Trout Angler's Challenge series is this Saturday at Lake Amador!

ntac
03-12-2015, 09:49 AM

The 3rd event in the NorCal Trout Anglers Challenge (NTAC) five-event series is being held this Saturday at Lake Amador, and with the weather forecast calling for warm temperatures, this should be an event for the ages as Amador is producing some quality fish at this time.

Check in begins at 6:00am at the Lake Amador Marina store, the tournament begins at 7:00am, with a 2pm weigh-in time for all participants.

And for those of you that have never fished an NTAC event, or don’t know with the NTAC is all about here’s the scoop:

The NTAC is what we call the “every man’s” or “every families” trout fishing event. Each event offers up a bunch of cash prizes, gear and other goodies, and the entry fees are low. If you pre-register adults only pay $20 to participate, and kids under 15 are free. If you wait until game day to register, it will still only cost an adult $25 and a junior angler $5.

As if those prizes weren’t exciting enough, the NTAC season will end with a Tournament of Champions shootout where the overall winner will take home a fully rigged Klamath Boat complete with motor and trailer! The top 25 youth finishers and the top 50 adult finishers from each of the 5 regular season tournaments will be invited to participate in the end of season TOC for a shot at the boat and a bunch of other cash and prizes!

Because Angler’s Press recognizes the financial challenges that many anglers face these days, especially those raising families, this series has been structured in a manner that will keep entry fees low enough for anglers - on a budget, to still be able to enjoy the thrill of competition. Along these same lines, the dates and destinations for all NTAC tournaments were given special consideration to insure that the time of the year and venue set the stage for a level playing field for both boaters and bank anglers.

In other words, the tournaments are held at certain destinations at certain times of the year when bank bound dough slingers and float tube trollers have just as much chance of winning the tournament as a guy equipped with a 25 foot aluminum sled decked out with downriggers and the latest electronics.

So If you love trout fishing and love competition, come on out and enjoy this weekend’s event at Lake Amador. It won’t break the bank, you’ll have lots of fun and you might just take home a cool prize or a cool wad of cash!

For more information or to register for any of the events go to http://www.anglerspress.com or call (916) 768-0938.

See you there!

Angler’s Press

Starscream
03-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Are there still tree branches in the water

PapaGreg
03-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Starscream, yes! Just came from Amador, stained water and scattered debris. There are areas clear of debris and it will probably depend on which way the wind blows as to where the debris will be. Water level is up and the weather should be great, good luck to all who go.

dilbeck
03-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Arriving early Saturday morning!

Starscream
03-13-2015, 08:12 AM
Yea i paid 20 dollar for it but the flyer said pre is 15? So did i get punked?

fat fish
03-13-2015, 08:39 AM

Not trying to be a jerk but below it says $20 pre-register....I think last year it was $5 cheaper...see ya there I'll be in a blue kayak.

dilbeck
03-13-2015, 02:24 PM

Flyer I see says $20 as does their website where you can preregister.

It's $25 if you register day of.

dilbeck
03-13-2015, 02:33 PM
Arriving early Saturday morning!

Ugh. Plans changed and super bummed I won't be able to make it.