PDA

View Full Version : Fish and game commission 16 Mar 2015 teleconf open salmon Apr 4

BarnacleL
03-16-2015, 09:49 AM
I just listened to the Fish and Game commission 16 Mar 2015 teleconference and they voted to open salmon Apr 4-30 with a 2 fish limit minimum size 20" for Fort Bragg area south of Horse Mountain and 24" minimum size for San Francisco south of Point Arena.

There was a bit of discussion at the end of the call that the current and forecast ocean conditions, drought and copepod food source availability in the ocean are not favorable to salmon and does not square with the optimistic data fish and wildlife staff sees with adult and jack returns. Therefore there is a lot of staff discussion of what they call "alternative 3" to severely restrict fall size limits and days of the week fishing. Alternative 3 will be vetted amongst the staff and salient items will be consolidated into what the staff recommends for salmon regulations for the remainder of the year at next months fish and game commission meeting.

I had already made my Doran park Bodega Bay reservation for Apr 14-17 and am happy I can now fish crab, rockfish and salmon weather and swell permitting. I am looking forward to working my new downrigger.:bananatiedie: