PDA

View Full Version : New here - pretty new to fishing

Quarterhorse
03-16-2015, 01:55 PM
Just wanted to say `hello ' :animal-smiley-048: Started fishing last fall and have been doing a lot of trout fishing from the bank at Don Pedro - had some great months over the winter and got some monsters, but boy it has sure slowed down for me this past month.
I also have been trying to fish Woodward lake form the bank a couple of times, but that bite is even worse for me LOL any one else doing any good bank fishing those lakes?
I have been floating a worm w/a side of power bait on one pole and kastmaster on the other
Check out this trout -he was around 18 inches long and look what I found in him -- a Senko and a couple other soft baits, a fluke and a big old swim bait! LOL all inside of him! The hooks were all long gone , so he had them for quite a while I would guess. Pretty crazy

okie
03-16-2015, 02:26 PM
Just wanted to say `hello ' :animal-smiley-048: Started fishing last fall and have been doing a lot of trout fishing from the bank at Don Pedro - had some great months over the winter and got some monsters, but boy it has sure slowed down for me this past month.
I also have been trying to fish Woodward lake form the bank a couple of times, but that bite is even worse for me LOL any one else doing any good bank fishing those lakes?
I have been floating a worm w/a side of power bait on one pole and kastmaster on the other

welcome to the sniffer, i'm sure you'll get several responses to this. i just fish pyramid lake in nevada now.
theres a fest the 2nd weekend of april, come up if you can, you catch some nice trout.
be safe

Jetspray
03-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Never bank fished at Don Pedro myself, mostly trolled the lake for trout, Koke's, fished for crappie/bluegill. Love that lake too. Welcome to the boards and enjoy what you read..........Jetspray

Lifted
03-16-2015, 03:40 PM
Check out this trout -he was around 18 inches long and look what I found in him -- a Senko and a couple other soft baits, a fluke and a big old swim bait! LOL all inside of him! The hooks were all long gone , so he had them for quite a while I would guess. Pretty crazy

That's pretty crazy. I've always heard that trout will eat prey up to 1/3 their body length, but I'm more curious as to how he swallowed those plastics without getting caught. You would assume they we're tied to someone's line when he initially ate them...

okie
03-16-2015, 04:30 PM
That's pretty crazy. I've always heard that trout will eat prey up to 1/3 their body length, but I'm more curious as to how he swallowed those plastics without getting caught. You would assume they we're tied to someone's line when he initially ate them...

lat season prettyman caught 1 about 20" and just before he landed it, it spit our a particially digested
1 that looked to be 12 to 14". it really surprised both of us.
be safe

BIG FIN
03-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Dude thats awesome can you imagine that trout swimming around trying to inhale that stuff !!! LOL and what the hell is that big yellowish brown thing anyway ? welcome to the boards , Tightlines BF

TroutLife
03-16-2015, 08:26 PM
Welcome. Rainbows seem to eat anything and everything. I've caught them on f18s just as long as they are. I think that is why big bows are hard to catch, they eat everything, thus tending to get caught easy...

stefanoflo
03-16-2015, 09:31 PM
If you ever get bored sitting and waiting and you don`t have a float tube or boat , Try stream fishing . Its a workout and more of a challenge
having to read the water and make a bait presentation realistic for the trout to bite . but in all fishing ,,is good for the soul .
no matter how you do it .have fun meet folks and stay away from our wildlife Politics. what you don`t know will keep you fishing.:thumbsup:

Quarterhorse
03-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Thanks guys! ...as for the politics, ya I am also a bow and rifle hunter so I kinda already know about that tangled web of BS LOL
My first fishing lesson was up at Eagle Meadows in the stream when we were horse camping last summer... finding the water flow and trying to figure out where the brookies were hiding and then trying to drift tasty treats in front of them enough to entice them to bite - was great fun and that was it - I was `hooked' on fishing LOL