PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle Trout

YBfishin
03-16-2015, 07:08 PM
Taking my grandson camping at Del Valle this weekend.I am new to this lake and any location/tactic would be a lout of help.Were doing the bank thing.

dbfishing
03-18-2015, 08:14 AM
Taking my grandson camping at Del Valle this weekend.I am new to this lake and any location/tactic would be a lout of help.Were doing the bank thing.
Yo Ybfishin I live in livermore I fish this lake a lot if I was u I'd fish rt by the boat ramp is a good area from shore and the narrows is another good spot to fish as well,this lake has. Some really huge stripe bass in this lake I had a friend that lost one that was about 30 to 40 pounds pull the 50lb O rings off his lurker plunked top water lure so if you got a double rod go one trout and one striper pole because of stripers love eating trout

Troutbanker
03-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Or other side of boat ramp down the beach towards where the float tubers are, they do very well.

YBfishin
03-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Yo Ybfishin I live in livermore I fish this lake a lot if I was u I'd fish rt by the boat ramp is a good area from shore and the narrows is another good spot to fish as well,this lake has. Some really huge stripe bass in this lake I had a friend that lost one that was about 30 to 40 pounds pull the 50lb O rings off his lurker plunked top water lure so if you got a double rod go one trout and one striper pole because of stripers love eating trout

Thank you it is much appreciated

Jetspray
03-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Or other side of boat ramp down the beach towards where the float tubers are, they do very well.

+1 this would be where the inlet area is, this time of year that would be shallow unless the river flows are high........Jetspray

Jetspray
03-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Last striper I caught with a split red rapala about a size 9, I was trolling the channel just north of the ramp when he hit, it weighed in at 38 lbs and took about 20 minuets of time to play. It never jumped so I thought it was a carp that was fiesty.:old::fish_jumps:............Jetspray