PDA

View Full Version : Dew and donuts at collins 3/20

ampm
03-20-2015, 05:19 PM
Ahhhh u must believe in the power of the powder and the dew. Quick trip from 8-1:00 today w my oldest back from sonoma state on her spring break. We lost as many as we got in the boat. Action not red hot but good enuf to keep us jumping from rod to rod. Had several hooks break today which ive never seen before on dr minnows and rapalas. Raina did some emergency surgery a few times and swapped out some hooks using stock from some Rapalas that i never use. Overcast and breezy water temp is 60. Everything was top lining long set backs speeds 1.9 -2.5. Saw grn crestliner tearing it as usual. We were tied at 5 then he passed us up. Raina did get a nice one abt 4 lbs. We both lost a couple big ones right at the boat.

salmonid
03-20-2015, 05:25 PM
What a great day out with your daughter.

Good fish as well. What is she studying at school?

Best & hope you can get out again next week,

redneckpunk
03-20-2015, 05:49 PM
Nice report and some nice looking fish. Glad to see people still catching some nice ones

~RNP

Trout Tracker
03-20-2015, 05:51 PM
nice fish,nice pictures.
It's great that your Daughter fishes with you
most just can't or won't find the time to
do things with thier Dad.
I'm sure you had a great time and
catching fish is a bonus.
TT

Grncrestliner
03-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Nice to see you guys out there. We did get a couple of decent fish especially if you will let me count my first fish of the day.:smiley: I should have had you take a photo of that ugly beast.
For those wondering my first fish of the day was 10.5 pound channel catfish. It took me forever to land that guy. We also managed a few good rainbows.

redneckpunk
03-20-2015, 06:06 PM
John,
Did you by chance see the legendary spot that was weighed and released this week? I just saw a picture on FB. Guy says it tipped his scale at 11lbs 3oz. Story says he thought it was a LM so he let it go but picture is a spot. At that weight it would have broken the recently set 10.95 from Bullards Bar last month.

~RNP

ampm
03-20-2015, 06:27 PM
What a great day out with your daughter.

Good fish as well. What is she studying at school?

Best & hope you can get out again next week,
She is in the kinesiology program. Hopes to be either an occupational therapist or physical therapist. She is a brainiac dont know where she gets it from not from me that's for sure.

salmonid
03-20-2015, 06:31 PM
She is in the kinesiology program. Hopes to be either an occupational therapist or physical therapist. She is a brainiac dont know where she gets it from not from me that's for sure.

Very cool!

:like:

Sounds like she will help lots of people in that career path!

Congrats again on all accounts,

ampm
03-20-2015, 06:33 PM
Nice to see you guys out there. We did get a couple of decent fish especially if you will let me count my first fish of the day.:smiley: I should have had you take a photo of that ugly beast.
For those wondering my first fish of the day was 10.5 pound channel catfish. It took me forever to land that guy. We also managed a few good rainbows.

Dude raina is scared of catfish (the actual fish not the guy who posts on here.) I am sure ur back seater had a good trip today. Yeah those dr minnows wont catch fish.

redneckpunk
03-20-2015, 06:41 PM

A science nerd!! Woohoo. Can always use more PTs for our old aching bodies. Tell her to hang in there because the amount of hours required can be grueling but the payoff is worth it

~RNP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ampm
03-20-2015, 06:58 PM
A science nerd!! Woohoo. Can always use more PTs for our old aching bodies. Tell her to hang in there because the amount of hours required can be grueling but the payoff is worth it

~RNP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah right now the chemistry is kicking her butt. She is a math wiz so she is acing most of the program. The housing and tuition is killing me lol but its worth it.

Grncrestliner
03-20-2015, 07:36 PM
RNP
I did not know about a really big spot caught there lately. I have no problem believing it is possible but I had not heard anything about it.
Hey did we just Hijack ampm's thread???
Back to trout fishing. Yeh ampm my backseater was reasonably happy with the fish he took home today. He is the one who made the mistake of telling me to grab the rod when the largest trout of the day hit. Of course it was my rod. :smiley:

Brickinthewall98
03-20-2015, 07:58 PM
Im excited for my annual collins trip. The only time i really i spend time trout fishing a lake. Love that lake, lots of diversity in numbers