PDA

View Full Version : Want to see innovation.Redesigned Reel

etools
03-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Hello to all Fishsniffer supporters.Our company Striketech has launched for the first time in USA a reel that is totally different than any other on the market.We have redesigned the spool so it can make most lures work a different action plus the same action the lure makers intended it for.Innovation has been lacking in the last couple of years ie more bearings,bigger handle,bigger bail arm and a couple of degrees difference in the spool angle for easier casting,line counters ect.As reinventers we thought the spool has been the same for the last forty years, time for a change.We wanted more interaction between reel, line, spool and lure and think we have come up with the next generation of spinning reels to do this.Would love some feedback from Fishsniffer fishers.
Web site www.striketech.net
Reel um in
Seano

metalmouth
03-28-2009, 06:40 AM
Seano,

Allow me to be the first to welcome you aboard as the Sniffers newest sponsor and certainly a company with an incredible breakthrough in reel technology. I look forward to your discussions with our members on how your new product revolutionizes the reel/lure movement industry!

I hope everyone gets a chance to view your reels at your web site: www.striketech.net

MM

fernley_tim
03-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Seano, It would help me if you could add to your web site Reel specs. line weight, gear ratio on each model. Also what is the average shipping cost from aussie land? do you have any distributors in the U.S? thanks for any info.

Jetspray
03-29-2009, 12:01 AM
I ordered two of them today and will see how they work when they get here next week. I got the upper of the middle grade ($100 model).....Jetspray

drstressor
03-29-2009, 04:38 AM
If you click on any picture of each reel model you'll get the specs:

http://www.striketech.net/reels_gg.html

I'd like to take look at your reels at Pyramidfest Jetspray. They should be really good for walking the dog, which is a popular retrieve for redfish and sea trout down here in FL.

Jetspray
03-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Doc if they get there by then I will set them up with Maxima Green and you can use one for sure. I got some poles yesterday at Sportsman's Warehouse (sale item) to do them up with. You will be welcome to use one......Jetspray

Jetspray
03-29-2009, 06:29 AM
The model I bought was the ST50GA.......Jetspray

etools
03-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Jetspray congratulations you are the first in USA to get the reel.We do not have a distributor in the US and open to any interested parties.

Jetspray
03-29-2009, 06:40 PM
I assumed that and ordered it from the website. It will be easy to figure out who I am and where I live if I am truly the first to order some.....Jetspray

crippled
03-29-2009, 08:56 PM
sounds like a great reel, i'll be looking forwards to purchasing one soon

Jetspray
04-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Got a reply on my E-Mail yesterday, looking forward to gettin them Sat or Monday. Thanks for the information and response time.....Jetspray

Jetspray
04-06-2009, 06:27 PM
They arrived today with no visible damage to the box or contents. Need to spool them up and give them a try tomorrow. They also came with a DVD that I will need to try out.....Jetspray

Jetspray
05-07-2009, 07:37 PM
So far the biggest trout I caught on it was a 5lb 15oz 24inch rainbow trout at ICR (Indian Creek Resivour) with the dial set to max thump. REEL FUN.....Jetspray

etools
05-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Hey Jetspray saw that trout you caught.thats huge.Did the reel work to your expectations?How was the function working for your lures?Do you find having a choice of offset on the spool helps or hinders the fishing?The main question. is it a gimmick or the next genuine feature that should be on a spinning reels
Regards sean

Jetspray
05-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Yes it works so far. As far as speeding up and slowing down while doing the retrieve it works. If you are the type that auto jerks the pole, that causes the spool to reset as you reel in so you would need to ignore that action. I have found that if you simply aim the rod tip towards the line you get the best action till the strike. You only need to speed up reeling or slowing down to change the action. I will be using it exclusively to do the shore fishing using lures or same on the boat. I put 6# P-Line cxx green on it and will probably stick with that. So far it is no gimmick for me and it is simply "DA BOMB" on strikes.....Jetspray

Rob_Ryding
05-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey Jetspray saw that trout you caught.thats huge.Did the reel work to your expectations?How was the function working for your lures?Do you find having a choice of offset on the spool helps or hinders the fishing?The main question. is it a gimmick or the next genuine feature that should be on a spinning reels
Regards *sean

Sean0... drag function is super smooth and works a treat, re-set back to centre happens so quick u can hardly see it, action on various lures is simply remarkable, reels seem to be manufactured to a high standard of quality...and ive bin catching great fish!!! this is definately NOT a gimmick!!! love 'em mate!!

Jetspray
05-15-2009, 06:45 AM
Rob it is simply the best for me. Innovation is always change and that scares most people away. The world is not flat for me so I like the reel and the action. Does it live up to expectations of being a first, yes. Should you invest in a new set-up to catch fish with, yes. Thanks for sending me a couple and I will enjoy them......Jetspray

Rob_Ryding
05-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Rob it is simply the best for me. Innovation is always change and that scares most people away. The world is not flat for me so I like the reel and the action. Does it live up to expectations of being a first, yes. Should you invest in a new set-up to catch fish with, yes. Thanks for sending me a couple and I will enjoy them......Jetspray

Jetspray i couldnt agree more.. people are hesitant to try new things especially when there has been virtually no change in the spinning reel for decades.. however results speak for themselves and from wat i can see anyone who's got there hands on these reels has been catching great fish :))) - Rob