PDA

View Full Version : Ken's Custom Tackle at Pyramid

Capt.Ken
04-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Had a great time at the pyramid fest with sniffers and friends.
Great weather, Great fishing. *Was pleased to see how well everyone that were using the double flutters were doing.
A few of you out there requested some special colors, was glad to see them work.
Our nickel/red, firetiger, rainbow, UV rainbow, bleeding frog, pyamid frog, german brown, Okie's df, otdrsmans watermelon, Chicks purple and black all worked great.
We also were having great results with our diamond back spoon, in gold with green and orange, with black spots.
http://pic90.picturetrail.com:80/VOL2237/12086258/21492662/357105040.jpg
After the results we had this weekend, we decided it is a must have for Pyramid.
We will offering these spoons in two sizes. *we have already had requests for these in red with black dots, *which we will do, but we had our best results with the gold colored spoons.
http://pic90.picturetrail.com:80/VOL2237/12086258/21917023/361995558.jpg
http://pic90.picturetrail.com:80/VOL2237/12086258/21917023/361997550.jpg

Thanks!!!
Capt. Ken

okie
04-21-2009, 09:03 AM
ken, i can't express my appreciation for the personal paint jobs you did for me. i am very happy to see that all your df's and spoons did great, and the honor of havin a df named after okie. all i can say is a great big thank you.
bill

SuperDave
04-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Ken,

I didnít see the spoons on the website yet so I was wondering what you will be getting for the Ĺ oz. size spoons? Also, I thought I recalled you telling me you did the epoxy coating to the interior of your boat yourself and was wondering if you could give me the product information on that?

Thanks,

Dave

DuramaxDan
04-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Ken those spoons were the bomb!!!!! I had to try everything in the box just to see what worked but as soon as I put the orange and green poon out it was fish on!!!!!! The frog double flutter came in a close second followed by the german brown.It was a pleasure to run all of the gear you hand make on my boat.

Capt.Ken
04-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Okie--no problem buddy! In fact we are going to name that new green and orange df the okie!! ;)

Super Dave, I'll pm you with the information on that stuff for the boat. my wife will be updating the website this week adding those spoons.

Duramax Dan, thanks for all of your support!! Great job getting on the fish up there. And don't forget.... FIX YOUR RADIO!!!!!

Capt. Ken

Jetspray
04-23-2009, 05:36 AM
Thing is that everything you sent me worked. It was a pleasure meeting the inventor at the fest. Thanks for all the help Ken......Jetspray

Rod Bender
04-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Ken, the U20 flatfish were my hot lures for the weekend, caught the first fish of the day both days, good for $5 each from Sam and Ken. Your double flutters were working good too. Wish I had one those red spoons that Kevin was using on Saturday.

OTDRSMN
04-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Ken,

Thanks again for the custom paint jobs on the DF's! *[smiley=worthy.gif] *

Caught fish on most of them and using the black & purple DF I caught this 7 lb 26 inch beauty! *[smiley=yahoo.gif] *

Figures that the one DF I didn't have (nickel/red) was the one Kevin was slaying them on! * :'( * I'll be contacting you soon to pick up one of those and some of your new diamond back spoons! * ;)

Hearing on the radio it seemed like everyone that was using the DF's were catching fish and on various colors! * I knew that the watermellon color would work as it seems to be a good color at Pyramid! *:)

Thanks again for making such great gear that works! *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9171/misc507.jpg

OTDRSMN

okie
04-25-2009, 09:52 AM
ken, i am goin striper fishin next weekend at brannon, do the df's do good with stripers?
bill

metalmouth
04-26-2009, 05:21 AM
Okie, if you are taking them Striper fishing you will want to change out the hooks to 4X and the connecting leader to something that will take a huge hit from a 30lb. fish. ;D

okie
04-26-2009, 05:45 AM
thanks mm, i'll try it on 1 or 2, what colors do you think would be the best to try for striper?
bill

metalmouth
04-26-2009, 07:03 AM
The best would probably be the Shad and Glow Shad if they came DF. They should work just the way they are! Any silver combo or anything with red/white would work as well.

Capt.Ken
04-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Good Job Otdrsmn. What a Great Fish!!!! Always willing to do custom work for you guys.

okie--the dfs have worked extremely well for the strippers for alot of my customers. Run them like you got them. the connecting line is 20lb. test, premium VMC hooks, they have been catching big salmon up in alaska just like they are, they are designed for getting them big hogs. The best colors of the dfs for strippers would be the pearly blue, rainbow, firetiger and kokanee.
Just finished painting your other df, should be in the mail this week.

THanks
Capt. Ken

okie
04-26-2009, 07:04 PM
thanks ken, i appreciate it.

chicofishrmen
05-05-2009, 08:54 PM
[quote author=Capt.Ken link=1240262456/0#12 date=1240798863]Good Job Otdrsmn. *What a Great Fish!!!! Always willing to do custom work for you guys.
okie--the dfs have worked extremely well for the strippers for alot of my customers. *Run them like you got them. the connecting line is 20lb. test, premium VMC hooks, they have been catching big salmon up in alaska just like they are, they are designed for getting them big hogs. *The best colors of the dfs for strippers would be the pearly blue, rainbow, firetiger and kokanee. *
Just finished painting your other df, should be in the mail this week.

THanksCapt. Ken Well if that's the case. I need a pond smelt DF for Oroville Coho's ND Almanor bows, king & browns/