PDA

View Full Version : PICTURE OF NEW PYRAMID FLAME DF

Capt.Ken
02-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Well, I talked about coming up with another new DF for Pyramid. *After talking with Samm and some others and getting their imput I came up with the New Pyramid Flame.
It is flame red on top, yellow belly painted over and extended glow body.
Here is a picture of the new line-up of Double Flutters

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2237/12086258/21492662/353592276.jpg

The top is the Pyramid Flame
The middle is the Pyramid Frog
The Bottom is the new German Brown. *Which we just recieved a report from one of the guides at Pyramid that they picked up a very nice fish on this pattern df.
We *will have these on the website by tomorrow. *
If any of you are interested in any of these for the Pyramid tournament coming up this weekend give us a call at 530-647-2306.
Thanks
Capt. Ken

2/1/09
Got a chance to take the new pyramid frog Double Flutter to pyramid this last week to finally test it myself. *Fished with Geezer for 3 days and had great results with the frog df. *Since we have constructed this lure with extended glow paint, it worked great in the low visiablity at pyramid. *Found a need for another new Double Flutter while testing this new frog. *We have found that red is another good color that works up there, ie: our gold and red DF, black and red DF, *I have decided to develope another and test and new flame red DF. *It will be flame red with a flo yellow belly and large black spots. *Since these will be a limited offering, please let me know if anyone is interested.
Thanks
Capt. Ken

Thanks to Willbilly for letting us borrow his wireless internet device today. *Our dsl is down until Tues. some time. *We will be back on the internet then with more info. (We are back online now!!!! YEAH!!!)
If you have any questions you can call us at 530.647.2306

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9449/img1486ir8.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1486ir8.jpg)

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5263/img1487dn5.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1487dn5.jpg)

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL1939/12006156/21345812/350696657.jpg

DuramaxDan
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Capt Ken looks like another well tested lure added to your great line of tackle.Keep up the great work with the great tackle idea's so we all can catch more beautiful nice fish.

fpsamm
02-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Capt. Ken as you should well know, I want to purchases any and all new D/F you develop. As far as I am concerned they are great and a MUST!!!! *

Samm

hooks
02-01-2009, 04:17 PM
I'll buy the new red DF. Let me know. :)

JMat
02-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Ken,

That new Flame Red Double Flutter design you showed me today looks awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on one of them and I can see them working at places other than Pyramid, too.

Keep up the good work... It's incredible to see your design process. That's why I buy tackle. I just don't have that creative edge to me... If it looks like it'll catch fish I buy one and if it catches fish I buy more. That's why I keep coming back for more of your tackle.

John

Capt.Ken
02-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Just wanted to make sure you all read the top of this post!

JMat
02-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Ken,
Just wanted to say those new Double Flutters I saw at your place look incredible. With that special glow paint you use it's almost brighter in the room with the lights off than with them on. I was amazed to see how close to the design, I watched you put together on Sunday, they turned out. They actually look better. Great work.
John

drstressor
02-04-2009, 07:02 AM
You might consider making the DF's both with and without glow. While glow works very well at Pyramid when the vis is low, non-glow lures are MUCH more effective on those days when the water is clear or when you troll in shallow water.

That Red Flame is going to be a killer in about a month when they start to get serious about spawning.

Capt.Ken
02-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Hey Doc, it's nice to have your input. Good to have some discussions on the boards.
The nice thing about the glows is that if you don't charge them they only have a minimal glow factor. to get maximum glow, you have to lay them in the sun for a few minutes or charge them with a very brite flashlight.
However as you said, if you don't like the glow patterns, we do have a number of different colors that work well also. Gold w/red, black w/red, etc.
If any of you have special requests in regards to our custom painted dfs let me know, when I have the airbrush fired up I can do custom orders.
Thanks
Capt. Ken

DuramaxDan
02-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Ken it looks like you have another fine Double flutter added to your line for Pyramid.It also looks to me like that would make a fine mack lure in the fall when the Kokes change color.Keep up the great work Ken!!!

willbilly
02-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Many thanks to you all @ Kens custom Tackle, you are a true full *service Guide.

Ken, I was so happy to get my DF three pack delivered to the lake today, So ITITITIT *& *I were able to get on the water early . your the best thanks to you and J-Mat.

Wish I could get my flag that way R1R :D

I like the German Brown the best of all the DF's but, I can see the New *Pyramid Flame as being one hot Striper Killer. & I can't wait to get it in the Delta.

Regards to all
WB

okie
02-04-2009, 08:14 PM
wb, i got the brown and frog dfs, the frog was great on p'mid but they didn't hit the brown, i'll try it on stampede in the spring.
yes, ken does provide great service, talked to him on the phone today, he is fixin me a couple of special dfs to try.

be safe
bill

Mickey_Thomas
02-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Hey Ken, how slow can you troll them and how fast can you troll them with good action?

willbilly
02-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi Mickey.

I go as slow as .9 :) :) ;)

Yea it's a wonder but Ken has the setup dialed for slow fishing.

No ,Idea how fast but look out stripers the Df & Duck are going to be in your face.

Ken has in the past filled orders for striper fisherman.

wb

WB

mack_attack
02-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Capt. Ken Sorry i didnt make to the show to see ya, I had clients all weekend, You know how that goes. I cant wait to try your new german brown double flutter at HellHole, I think its going to hammer them. Talk to ya soon

Adam

willbilly
02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Mickey /ALL

I spoke with Mrs. Capt Ken this AM from the ER room & Ken wanted to get up a post but will be off line for a bitt or all day.

Ken ,reports people using them at 2.5MPH with good action and reports ,However I recall fishing them at 3.0 and faster ripping with Empire and scoring on two very large bass at Folsom while King fishing.

Ken, will get back to us soon.
WB

okie
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
wb, is that 'emergency room' with ken? if so, any info on him?
bill

Capt.Ken
02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
a bad back. woke up this morning not able to walk I filled him up with medication and took him down the the er to see if they could do anything for him. anyway, we are home.
Thanks
Mrs. Capt. Ken

okie
02-05-2009, 05:31 PM
happy to hear he's ok now, bad back is bad, i've broken everything but back and neck, guess i've really been lucky.
i was afraid it was from sniffin to much paint.
take care of him

willbilly
02-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Ken, has a nice paint area & fan. He is on top of being safe.

Get well soon Capt.

WB

Farrier_Frank
02-06-2009, 08:30 AM
WOW!!! That flame DF is a must for Pyramid. Great choice in colors... and yep, yellow on the belly works really good with the red. I know without a doubt the fire tiger DF is a must for the tackle box when fishing Pyramid... think I'll add the flame and the frog to my collection.

hooks
02-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Got my order today Ken. Thank you very, very much!! ;)

DuramaxDan
02-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Went up to Ken's today to check out a fresh batch of Pyramid Flame.It is an awsome Lure that will be catching lots of fish where ever it is used.Ken thanks for the invite and it was nice to meet JMat up there as well.

JMat
02-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Dan it was great to meet you, too. I guess I should call you Deadeye now.
Those lures are incredible and will definiately catch fish where ver they're used. *It was really great to see Ken's process for those custom ones he was working on as well. Keep up the great work Ken.

John

Capt.Ken
02-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks Dan and JMat for coming over to "help" :D
Had a great time!

ixlatall
04-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Those Df's look pretty cool. I think I'm gonna need to get 2-3 and try them out Shaver, Courtwright, Mclure, Don Pedro and see if I need more. From the posts it sounds like I'll need more.

Jetspray
04-27-2009, 02:39 PM
I used 5 different model's that Ken has and got strikes and fish on all of them at Pyramid during the fest. When asked about information from Ken he was willing to give advice about how to use them as well. I would suggest giving them a try in my book.......Jetspray

CHICKFISHING58
04-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Ken,
I really like the Beth special purple and black I have even caught fish on it thanks again my friend :-*

Captain_Morgan
05-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Ken,
I really like the Beth special purple and black I have even caught fish on it thanks again my friend :-*

Is it shaped like a Tuaca Bottle? ;)