PDA

View Full Version : Surgeon regs. Does this apply for 2015?

bassn916
03-26-2015, 06:43 PM
I'm new to sturgeon fishing and want to learn by going with with guide. Since my son is going I wanted to read up on whether a card is needed and whether he's required to have a card, he's 11. According to this info from 2013, he does if he catches and keeps one.

I thought I'd post this because there some other interesting facts about fishing for both stripers and sturgeon... also I've read posts on here regarding barbed hooks, no barbed hooks when targeting both at the same time.

http://wonews.com/t-sturgeonregulationchanges2013.aspx

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Wild Hunt
03-26-2015, 06:54 PM
Under 16 years old, no license needed, but tags are still required if targeting sturgeon... for hooks, as far as I know barbless is only for sturgeon

fishing 707
03-27-2015, 09:33 AM
Yep.. No license needed but he does need a sturgeon tag to keep or target a sturgeon..I have to get one for my 10yr old.. I have set him up with striper rigs only..partly because of the sturgeon report card requirement and also because stripers are a blast for him and manageable... Good luck and have a great time!! Hope you guys get into some fish!!
Nice to see your taking the little guy.

Jimmy_M
03-27-2015, 10:13 AM
Under 16 years old, no license needed, but tags are still required if targeting sturgeon... for hooks, as far as I know barbless is only for sturgeon

:like: but it's a little subjective... it only get stickier from there LOL

bassn916
03-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Oh he wants catch one bad but I'm not sure he can handle it since he cries for mom when he's fighting a big striper :). He'll get the first try at reeling one in before me. I enjoy seeing him reel in fish and others on my boat. I take credit for putting them on fish :). I haven't heard for the guide. Ill have to call him to confirm, getting a little worried he decided to cancel my reservation.

bassn916
03-27-2015, 05:53 PM
I haven't heard from the 'guide'. What a disappointment. I just don't have any luck with them. I understand it's a business but what happened to common courtesy? Someone reputable would at least have the courtesy to cancel or reschedule. I guess he didn't fill his boat.

suckmyling
03-27-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm new to sturgeon fishing and want to learn by going with with guide. Since my son is going I wanted to read up on whether a card is needed and whether he's required to have a card, he's 11. According to this info from 2013, he does if he catches and keeps one.

I thought I'd post this because there some other interesting facts about fishing for both stripers and sturgeon... also I've read posts on here regarding barbed hooks, no barbed hooks when targeting both at the same time.

http://wonews.com/t-sturgeonregulationchanges2013.aspx

I'm almost positive he needs a card

bassn916
03-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Deleted