PDA

View Full Version : Heading out on Saturday

mdue151
03-27-2015, 05:36 AM
Brother finally got his boat up and runnjng...taking it out sat to see if we can't hook a few and enjoy a day on the water...tides look pretty good....thinking on the fleet or staying in the sloughs...will report back tommorow

mrmike130s
03-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Holiday Tuesday. Going with my college age son. No work for me, no school for him. So we're going to hit it. Hope to have a new Black Diamond or Abyss Phenix to break in.
Coyote Bait and tackle sale this weekend.
Give a report when you get back. Pics would be awesome. Good luck!

Hooked408
03-27-2015, 05:08 PM
I just got back from grizzly. Belden was packed today. Think I saw at least 20 trailers. Good luck man!

QueenAnnesRevenge
03-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Holiday Tuesday. Going with my college age son. No work for me, no school for him. So we're going to hit it. Hope to have a new Black Diamond or Abyss Phenix to break in.
Coyote Bait and tackle sale this weekend.
Give a report when you get back. Pics would be awesome. Good luck!
Go with the abyss, the black Diamond has too fast a tip. The abyss is nice and moderate so it's perfect for sturg

Yearroundfisherman
03-27-2015, 09:42 PM
I got the Black Diamond rated for 15 to 40 test at 7 feet 6 and it works pretty good so far. Moderate heavy works nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrmike130s
03-28-2015, 09:02 PM
Go with the abyss, the black Diamond has too fast a tip. The abyss is nice and moderate so it's perfect for sturg
Talking with Phenix rep at the Coyote sale today. Bought a second Abyss808. Plan to try South Bay Dombarton bridge area Sunday. Then hit Monty or MBF Tuesday. I have a bad case of sturgeon fever. Need to catch something big.
Was pretty funny at the Coyote sale today. People buying bass and trout stuff. There is just something about trying to get a fish that may win! Spool you, burn up a reel, break a pole etc. it's a fever!

mrmike130s
03-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Mid day south of the railroad trussel by Dumbarton.
no Dinos, but we had a grand time with sharks and rays. 16 sharks up to 3.5 ft. 3 Rays, and we think a big Rays. Fought for 10 minutes and broke free on 25# leader.
not our target fish, but still pretty fun.