PDA

View Full Version : Rollins Lake questions

fishnchips
03-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Never fished Rollins. Which is the best place to launch. Where do the fish hang out.

Thanks

The_Cup
03-29-2015, 11:35 AM
There's 2 ramps, Long Ravine and Orchard Springs. Long Ravine is a little closer to the freeway but not by much. We had a problem at Long Ravine and only launch at Orchard now. The fish can be scattered but the normal spots are the dam, the wall (cant miss it) and we also do well some times up the left fork. Good Luck, Curt

Talon
03-29-2015, 12:03 PM
When I have fished Rollins I found that most of the fish hang out in the water, the rest spend their time in the bar.

Rugby Lock
04-02-2015, 06:50 AM
There's 2 ramps, Long Ravine and Orchard Springs. Long Ravine is a little closer to the freeway but not by much. We had a problem at Long Ravine and only launch at Orchard now. The fish can be scattered but the normal spots are the dam, the wall (cant miss it) and we also do well some times up the left fork. Good Luck, Curt

I'm assuming that the "wall" is at the Long Ravine launch ramp?

steevo44
04-05-2015, 06:46 PM
I might be heading up there next weekend. Does anyone have any pointers on trolling for trout there?

Wormguy
04-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Greenhorn also has a nice ramp...

norcalgrrl
04-18-2015, 12:18 PM
I was up there first week of April. We hit the dam on foot, but it was too far to cast from shore because of the amount of debris up against the dam. It would have been snag after snag; there were nests of huge trees and logs.

Went back to near the highway to shore cast. Tried PB for an hour in the late afternoon. Had one bite but lost it. Good luck!