PDA

View Full Version : Vendor Board Rules!

metalmouth
11-26-2007, 04:38 PM
This board is currently under construction. It is for the use of our members and vendors to discuss their products and tech. No outside vendors (not current sponsors of FishSniffer.com) will be allowed to use this board. All of the posts regarding a vendors products will be moved to this board. We hope this board will add to our members knowledge as well as help support the companies who have made this board possible. We ask that any negative comments be made directly to the sponsors rather than posted here so that they may have a chance to work with their valuable clients directly.
Each Vendor may start a thread with their name on it. They are also encourage to post any current news items or specials. Please list the dates for the special in your post header.
The members will be able to talk to the vendors about their products as well as find out what is new in the product world of each vendor. *Members please view each vendor's sticky to view latest announcements and special deals as well as their most current posts. *We welcome any suggestions that vendors and members have to improve this board.

This Board is a work in progress so please bear with us.

Thank you!

The Sniffer Administration, MetalMouth, and Troutfan

willbilly
02-16-2008, 07:31 PM
We all want fair rules and you guys do a good job but…..

Geeze Louise

Farrier_Frank
02-20-2008, 06:40 AM
WHY WAS THIS THREAD MOVED?????

This thread is exactly what we are looking for on the Mack board. It covers the fishing report aspect very well. More importantly it has the information we Mack fishermen are looking for - and are always asking - about winter road and parking accessibility at UVR.

Captain Kens reports about winter Mack fishing at UVR are the reports some of us who live over here keep an eye out for and it belongs on the Mack board.

metalmouth
02-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Frank, I sent a pm to you. The board has to make a distinction between straight fishing posts and fishing posts that also contain ads for Sniffer Vendor's products. Hopefully this will have more people reading the Vendor Board as well!

MM

willbilly
02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
As Frank I am missing the Ads offense

Guess I need a PM also so I can comply if it was most likely me posting.

Why not pull the offensive material you observe after a warning PM Rather than the complete post.

Now lets talk fishing and not move the lake post to the vendor board.
WB *

metalmouth
02-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Unfortunately Vendors have special responsibilties on a board such as this. Posts with info about thier products must be on the Vendor Board. If a Vendor or thier Professional Associates give fishing posts containing info about their product it is posted here. The rules prior were that they couldn't advertise their products on the boards period. This gives them a special venue to be able to discuss the how to and why. Without this board the mods were instructed to just delete posts with advertising on them. I want to be able to disucuss Vendor's products so I feel adding this board was a good thing. To me
this is a win win situation over the old rules of no advertising on the boards in any form other than the banner ads.

No pm needed.

MM

willbilly
02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
MM your too cool with fast replys

I am still confused ( TYP Willbilly)

That clears thing up a bunch MM, and I do not want *to be a trouble maker.

Does this mean I (user) can only say minnow type lure or a just not a specific brand name like RGT.

Or is it just that Vendor ???who sell the product that can not correct or add information about a product someone (user) brings up.

I find any info people have imagined, about the use, how or why of a name brand lure very interesting in a post of the days outing. *

None of my business perhaps but may help me looking for info:
Should vendor just not mention what gear they are catching on? & I guess, we can get the Vendor report from the vendor page not the species lake board.

I will catch on to this posting although it is a little confusing now.

Wish I was more literate and could express my self better so as not to offend anyone.

Regards,

metalmouth
02-20-2008, 03:24 PM
You express yourself well!

I, as an independent person not affiliated with Brand X's company, can give a report and say what lure I used in my report. I can't use the name of the lure in the title but I can say that it worked great in the thread. It is a jugement call on the part of the mods. If they feel my post was just made to sell lures they would move it. In other words, if I only post a pic and say I caught the fish on Mr X's brand lure it's an ad. If I give the complete info of where, when, how deep, speed, water temp, and other pertinent info, it's a full fishing report then it's a fishing report.

On the other hand, if Brand X lists me as professional associate, Pro Staff, almost anything I post with the name of the lure will get my post moved here because it's my job to sell lures and represent the Brand X lure company.

I hope that helps clear up the water rather than muddy it up.

MM

willbilly
02-20-2008, 04:10 PM

I, as an independent person not affiliated with Brand X's company, can give a report and say what lure I used in my report. I can't use the name of the lure in the title but I can say that it worked great in the thread. It is a jugement call on the part of the mods. If they feel my post was just made to sell lures they would move it. In other words, if I only post a pic and say I caught the fish on Mr X's brand lure it's an ad. If I give the complete info of where, when, how deep, speed, water temp, and other pertinent info, it's a full fishing report then it's a fishing report.

On the other hand, if Brand X lists me as professional associate, Pro Staff, almost anything I post with the name of the lure will get my post moved here because it's my job to sell lures and represent the Brand X lure company.

MM

As Muddy as the Delta at 15'

I do not think I will ever understand this & So far as I am informed Ken's custom Tackle and Fishing Guide Service has NO Pro Staff or job's held by anyone selling lures.
If you want to post your info or feelings of something I am un aware of Please do. I will read it but I am out of here and feel I have been chasseing foolishness.
”Poof”

troutfan
02-20-2008, 04:17 PM

MM
I think you expressed it very well MM. Clear and concise! ;)

willbilly
02-20-2008, 04:44 PM

I, as an independent person not affiliated with Brand X's company, can give a report and say what lure I used in my report. I can't use the name of the lure in the title but I can say that it worked great in the thread. It is a judgment call on the part of the mods. If they feel my post was just made to sell lures they would move it. In other words, if I only post a pic and say I caught the fish on Mr X's brand lure it's an ad. If I give the complete info of where, when, how deep, speed, water temp, and other pertinent info, it's a full fishing report then it's a fishing report.

MM
I think you expressed it very well MM. *Clear and concise! ;)

Who are the Pro Staff?
Who has a job to sell lures ?
Who represents Ken?
Professional Associate ?

You have to be kidding

Clear and concise?

What are you saying say what you intend to imply Please

WB

metalmouth
02-20-2008, 05:13 PM
I thought I made it clear. If you represent a vendor's company and your post is intended to help sell their products it will be moved here. If you are just a satisfied customer reporting results of a fishing trip it will stay on the reports board.

If you want more info than that you will need to contact Deborah the sites administrator.
She can be reached by Email at deborah@webcreator.com

MM