PDA

View Full Version : At Kokanee Power booth Sacto ISE 12-4 on Friday

StocktonDon
01-15-2008, 02:45 AM
Not sure if this belongs here or on the Around The Campfire board, but:

I will be volunteering at the Kokanee Power booth - or maybe the Kokanee Power North River boat raffle spot - this Friday from 12 to 4 at the Sacto ISE.

Come by if you feel like saying hello, or just to see what a dwest looks like .....

Mickey_Thomas
01-17-2008, 06:19 AM
We'll come by to say hi dwest, we'll take a look first and if it isn't pretty we won't say anything ;D ;D Kind of like a blind date :D Better wear your best hat ;)

hellbent
01-17-2008, 06:36 AM
you should hire one of the "Wader Calendar girls" and just put your name tag on her.

StocktonDon
01-17-2008, 06:40 AM
Reminds me of the old golf joke: *

Guy goes to the local pro for a long overdue lesson. *Pro, raised to always find something positive to say, * works with the duffer for an hour; it isn't pretty. *Finally the frustrated student looks hopefully to the pro and asks for an evaluation of his skills. *

Searching for a kind way to tell the duffer to consider taking up bowling , the golf pro takes a long look at the duffer and says. "Well, nice hat."

P.S. Where do you go to practice putting tags on the girls? I'm thinking I'll need several tries to get it just right.

atavuss
01-17-2008, 05:30 PM
you should hire one of the "Wader Calendar girls" and just put your name tag on her.

there are calendar girls there too? :o

StocktonDon
01-19-2008, 03:18 AM
Thanks to gary and kokaneemart for coming by to say hello, guess looking at a dwest from a distance was all anybody else could handle! *Lots of signups for Kokanee Power kept me busy and I had a little time to gimp around and see some of the show - so many toys, so lttle cash!

Never found the calendar girls; heard they were not at the show this year. *However, many vendors clearly understand the value of a cutie in the booth .... sorry, drifted off there for a second.

I renewed my Kokanee Power membership and got my "free" t-shirt; also made a point to join Project Kokanee, formerly something of a rival organization, to help join the growing alliance between these two good groups that *have almost everything in common. *Project Kokanee has a nice tackle bag with Plano boxes included as a membership premium, and some other decent alternate choices as well. *Please consider supporting one or both of these fine groups.

Got a "nice hat" from kokaneemart. *Good one, Rick!

StocktonDon
01-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Didn't know non-profits would be "vendors" - but then I didn't know there was a vendor forum! Good idea.

Thanks.

metalmouth
01-19-2008, 08:31 PM
They aren't unless they register with this forum. In this case the Show is an advertiser so your post was moved here.

MM