PDA

View Full Version : Busted

Ronaldf123
05-14-2015, 09:35 AM
I receive emails from the Dept. of Fish & Wildlife and was reading one this morning. They were saying that their task force arrested 6 men for going into the shallow areas with nets and catching small salmon and using them to catch sturgeon. Didn't say what the penalty was but hopefully it will be high. The guys said they didn't know what they were talking about, but when the officers reeled in their lines, there they were. The also released a sturgeon that was caught while they were being checked out.

saltandfresh
05-14-2015, 09:49 AM
Saw a guy get caught about 4 years ago he brought abut 15 smolt. They took all of his gear, fishing license, bait box, and told him he could never get his license again due to the poaching charges he was going to receive. Not sure if that's how everything played out in the end but sounded like the punishment fit the POS crime

Jimmy_M
05-14-2015, 09:56 AM
I seen this on their Facebook page, here is the link:

https://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2015/05/13/poachers-take-advantage-of-drought-conditions-to-target-juvenile-salmon/

LURKER916
05-14-2015, 01:58 PM
Salmon smolts for bait..... Yeah that be a little illegal.

BIG_ONE
05-14-2015, 02:23 PM
I don't see any Hmong or Cambodian folks among those 6 fishermen that got caught for illegal bait. Trying to point fingers?

redneckpunk
05-14-2015, 02:32 PM
Anyone notice all their last name sounds similar. They are Mien/mong/cambo nationality. The other day I was over at the delta a two mein/mong individual were poaching strippers as well. Fished next to us. Saw them hooked up at least 4 keepers and rod still baiting in the water. We called DFG and reported right away as soon we saw the 5th fish being kept on the line. Not sure if they were spooked by us being on the phone (even though we were a 2-300 ft away) but they booked it a quickness. DFG called me back a hour later and he's spotted these individual out there 4-5 days a week. Hope the hammer slams on them soon!

Not sure what your point is, but it's not a welcome one. Poaching is not a racial issue nor should it be made one. I have seen poachers of all colors and nationalities and to assume or imply that based on the spelling or sound of a last name someone is somehow guilty is ridiculous. And while it's good to share stories of incidents you have witnessed, there is no reason to bring race or nationality into those either. A poacher is a poacher.

~RNP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooked408
05-14-2015, 02:37 PM
You are right. I've seen poachers of all race. They are out there. I'll keep my observation to myself. sorry

Not sure what your point is, but it's not a welcome one. Poaching is not a racial issue nor should it be made one. I have seen poachers of all colors and nationalities and to assume or imply that based on the spelling or sound of a last name someone is somehow guilty is ridiculous. And while it's good to share stories of incidents you have witnessed, there is no reason to bring race or nationality into those either. A poacher is a poacher.

~RNP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crawdaddundee
05-15-2015, 04:31 AM
Hooked. Pointing fingers at certain ethnic groups never really accomplishes any meaningful dissertation, but the undeniable truth is in the names. Spent close to 35 years of my life as a commercial fisherman and buddy, I saw it all. Not racist myself, just reporting my long experience on the water. A good 90% of the time when I came upon those, less than stellar fisherman, doing the wrong things, I couldn't understand a word they said. Case closed. I even saw a few rednecks out there breaking the law. Hope that doesn't offend any other ethnic group.