PDA

View Full Version : Alpine co.

JohnnyBoy2
05-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know how to find out when Alpine Co. plants the E & W Carson?

Captain Compassion
05-24-2015, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know how to find out when Alpine Co. plants the E & W Carson?

Sometimes they will report stockings on their Facebook page. They aren't always timely.

CC

JohnnyBoy2
05-25-2015, 08:05 AM
Thanks Cap. I'll check it out.
I went to my family's cabin at Wrights Lake on the 5th through 7th. No electricty, outdoor plumming, cell phones don't work there.
Got there late afternoon, after opening the place up, I headed to the upper part of the lake where the stream comes into the lake. I knew that CA. F & W had not planted there this year,thats what I wanted. hooked a few eastern brook trout, one very good size for brook (16 to 18 inch range and really fat). I kept the larger one and released the others. I was very happy with the quality of my catch. Hokked on a nightcrawler beneath a clear bobber. Very big head for the size of the fish, lots of big sharp teeth.
most of the brook trout up there have a pinkish orange flesh, this guy was very pink. Very tasty.
I woke up Thursday morning to about 5 inches of snow and still comming down. I rushed to pack up and close up the place , I had to work Friday and did not want to get stuck.
Hopping to get back up there for a little more time looking for browns and brooks.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Captain Compassion
05-25-2015, 11:53 AM
Early season Brook Trout are hard to beat. Snow should be gone by now.

CC