PDA

View Full Version : Catch a salmon while shad fishing, Its alright just keep it!

Wild Hunt
06-05-2015, 10:28 PM
NOT!, well was at work today, got a text from a friend at miller park. Says some guy caught a salmon by accident...and took off immediately with it. I fish there a lot a month back, its usually the same folks that come to the area. Lots of older generation fish there, they keep everything!!! If you catch a shad, and release it, they will ask you why you release it and if they can keep it. Happen to me once, and happen all the time to my buddy. Then they starts talking in their language, so I don't know what they are saying..Anyway, anyone at miller park that may of had seen?

Sorry for the rant, I'm not trying to offend anyone, but it pisses me off. Delete, edit, if need to.

Fishbucket
06-06-2015, 06:22 AM
. have your friend report what he's seen .

Kaban12
06-06-2015, 09:14 AM
He must have been really hungry to keep that salmon! Keeping a $20 salmon and risk potentially a $1000 fine, loss of gear, and loss of fishing license. :hellohello9il::wallbash:

Also I fish shad with a guy who strictly does catch and release and he puts up some great numbers. A lot people come up to him and ask to keep the fish and he says "we gotta release a few." Most of the time guys shake their heads at him others are understanding.

So if u feel like releasing fish then do it! Don't worry about side talking it's cause they can't speak English.

Wild Hunt
06-06-2015, 10:24 AM
My friend didn't say, so I assume no one reported the poaching. I guess next time I will say the same thing kaban. Considering that anyone can catch a shad, and on a good day everyone can catch a lot. So "release a few"

BIG_ONE
06-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Someone more than likely reported it. A warden came out there on Saturday with an undercover (I'm assuming it was an undercover) and patrol that entire stretch of the park. Saw one fisherman got cited. No clue if it was him who took it or not.