PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa 6/9

Captainlady
06-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Fished Berryessa today looking for Kokanee, trout and/or salmon. Launched at Markley Cove at 7:30am. by 7:45 had 2 bass in the boat using a pink hoochie ( what a surprise). Continued fishing by the dam and hooked a 3 lb. King salmon on the same hoochie. Trolled all the way to the lake with no bites. The wind came up so we gave up on the big lake and trolled back towards the dam and caught 2 nice rainbows ( 2.1 lbs , 20" , and 1!b., 16") on a blue Speedy Shiner and one on a pink P-Line Laser Minnow. We were @ 53 feet. Fished back to Markley Cove and no other bites. Left at 3:30. Very windy out there.

salmonid
06-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Yeah pretty windy today.

Good catch even though no kokes. Nice job getting out there,

SierraJetSledder
06-10-2015, 03:56 PM
I've also caught quite a few bass trolling in open water on Berryessa as well as a 15 lb channel catfish at Kokanee depth in open water. I wonder if the warm water predators have something to do with the lack of kokanee fishing at the Berry.

broken bonz
06-10-2015, 07:01 PM
I've also caught quite a few bass trolling in open water on Berryessa as well as a 15 lb channel catfish at Kokanee depth in open water. I wonder if the warm water predators have something to do with the lack of kokanee fishing at the Berry.

Berry is in a weird state! Never seen it like this. But it is interesting to say the least. I'm actually having fun fishing it!