PDA

View Full Version : The New Era Of FishSniffer.Com Has Arrived

AnglingWes
06-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Hello Fish Sniffers! Fish Sniffer editor Cal Kellogg here. Over the past several weeks we have made a number of different announcements about the merger of FishSniffer.Com with the Scout Media Network.

I’m pleased to announce that after months of work on behalf of FishSniffer.Com’s webmaster Wes Ward, myself and the team at Scout Media the final steps in the transition were completed over the past 24 hours and the migration of the all new FishSniffer.Com onto the Scout network is finished.

Our hard-hitting fishing forums have long been the heart and soul of FishSniffer.Com. Our forums remain free as they always have been, but you’ll enjoy a new updated look and a lot more functionality.

Due to the migration procedure forum users will have to create a new password on the Scout platform. Here is the procedure for completing that process:

1. Click https://secure.scout.com/a.z?p=5&c=20&s=565

2. Input the email address that was associated with the account on the vB forums and click the "Continue" button.

3. An email will be sent to the address submitted. The email contains a link to a secure page that will enable you to choose a Password for the new site.

You should now be able to log into the new forum with your old username.

Beyond checking in on the forums I encourage everyone to surf the site and check out our new look and updated content. Our front page is cutting edge as is the fishing information we deliver there.
Our focus is to provide destination information, reports, species and technique specific fishing instruction, gear profiles and fishing related news.

We’ve made major strides in the arena of video production and you’ll see an ever increasing amount of video content paired with the outstanding editorial and photography that has made the Fish Sniffer a staple with West Coast anglers for three plus decades and counting.

As a final word, I feel compelled to urge patience on the part of our users. FishSniffer.Com is essentially a brand new website. We’ve tried hard to work all the bugs out, but as with anything technical you know there are going to be some glitches.
As with a new fishing boat, you never really know what isn’t going to work until you get out on the water. We’ll get FishSniffer.Com’s sonar dialed in, but first we’ve got to field test it to find out it isn’t working!

Thanks for all the support over the years and your patience in this exciting time of transition!

Cal Kellogg & everyone at Team Fish Sniffer!