PDA

View Full Version : Collins lake status

Grncrestliner
12-18-2015, 08:29 AM
The lake level is about 2-3 feet higher than it was at it's lowest point. That means the ramp is now more or less level and getting your boat on and off the trailer is just like any other ramp. The biggest issues I have encountered is the cars that park on the road near the dock and make it difficult to get your trailer past them. Of course the no parking signs mean nothing. There is also a sign at the ramp that says no fishing within 500 feet but no one pays attention to that sign. Now that my rant about the people who cannot read is over the fishing has been hit or miss lately. Yesterday is a good example of a miss. I trolled for 4 hours and had 3 hits but only landed one 13" fish. I only talked to 2 other boaters and they both blanked so not much of a bite for me or for them. I did see 2 bank anglers on Monday (near the old swim beach) with a few decent trout but on Monday I was trying to bass fish on a brutal north wind and I only landed one 2 pound bass. Last week trout and bass fishing was better. Like I said it has been hit or miss lately and I blame the weather conditions since I have no other excuse I will use that one. Hopefully the lake will start filling fast and we can get back to a normal sized Collins and back on a concrete ramp. Still need about 15-20' of water for that to happen and 65' more for it to be full.

Brickinthewall98
12-18-2015, 10:26 AM
Thanks Iv been meaning to make a trip but keeps raining on the days I try to go. Not that it bothers me but the crew is soft lol. Bummer bout the miss, hopefully it picks up

CAL916BEAR
12-18-2015, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the report. Was wondering about collins lately... Atleast you managed a couple

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Mr Ed
12-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Maybe those cars had handicap stickers...?? !!

You just never know, these days...........

Use the parking lot.................. What ?? !! Me ???

sportygirl
12-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Maybe those cars had handicap stickers...?? !!

You just never know, these days...........

Use the parking lot.................. What ?? !! Me ???

There's designated handicap parking area ... It's just lazy ppl ... Good report!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnglingWes
12-18-2015, 07:27 PM
There's designated handicap parking area ... It's just lazy ppl ... Good report!!

Wait a minute, I thought you were banned. It was the only requirement RNP said he had before he would allow us to turn this place back on.

salmonid
12-18-2015, 07:30 PM
Not that it bothers me but the crew is soft lol.

LOL!

You're still young but you will slowly build a harder crew (trust me)!

Take care,

:Butthead:

redneckpunk
12-18-2015, 07:36 PM
LOL!

You're still young but you will slowly build a harder crew (trust me)!

Take care,

:Butthead:

Perhaps like this one?
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/18/23efcb2bc4ef64af166088f01017203d.jpg

AnglingWes
12-18-2015, 07:37 PM
Hey, I know that spot!!!

sportygirl
12-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Wait a minute, I thought you were banned. It was the only requirement RNP said he had before he would allow us to turn this place back on.

He though that's what he wanted but I changed his mind quickly [emoji48]

Grncrestliner
12-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Drove around Collins this morning and tried to determine how much higher it is than last week. Tough to tell exactly but I think it is up 6-8 feet from it's lowest point. The stream at the bridge is flowing pretty good and of course that water coming in is muddy. The lake will continue to rise if that flow keeps up for very long. You can see muddy water all around the shorelines but the center of the lake still looks OK. Standing at the bottom of the main ramp it looks like we need another 8 feet or so of water for them to think about opening that ramp back up. The center of the lake actually has a couple of islands where last week it was all one big peninsula. I doubt I will get out in the boat this week but if I do I will post what I find.

Brickinthewall98
12-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Right on thanks for the update