PDA

View Full Version : Hit camanche on sat.

brokea--boater
01-24-2016, 12:06 PM
I hosted my clubs kid fishing get together on Sat. Its a inhouse friendly competition with kids as the main focus. Camped overnight Friday in the wet weather to get things organized. My crew and entry was my 6yr old granddaughter Rae. I splashed my little Whaler around 7am, nice having a second small boat for local trips. This was her first time fishing and she had a brand new Pink Ugly Stick to break in. turn out was understandably lower then expected with the weather but we had a some great Capt's show up and tried to put their young crew on fish. Rae got on the board early boxing a +/- 1 1/2lb trout with her new rod dragg'n a BB Rebel. Only a few fish to weigh at the end of the day. All the kids took home a prize and their smiles told the story of the day. In my heart I was the biggest winner, fishing with my little granddaughter and being there to help her bag her first fish,,,gregg

CDK
01-24-2016, 01:06 PM
Where did you launch? How was it?

CAL916BEAR
01-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Awesome! Good to see a fish bringin a smile to a kids face like that. Way to go grandpa! Thanks for the report!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

brokea--boater
01-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Where did you launch? How was it?
there's a secondary ramp to the right of the main ramp. Hard pack sandy/gravel road to a concrete ramp and two small docks. Nice set up for whats going on with the lake level. Piece of cake even with two wheel drive,,,gregg

CAL.NDN
01-24-2016, 02:16 PM
Great pictures. And I'm sure it was even better times.

lund16
01-24-2016, 11:19 PM
Well done Sir. Time with the grand kids is priceless.