PDA

View Full Version : Amador

Sutter Creek
02-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Any body hit Amador lately?

PapaGreg
02-15-2016, 04:12 PM
Fished from shore Friday for 5 hours, nary a bite!:duh: Tried the dam, spillway and the launch cove, as fish were reported to be coming from those areas. Saw one caught off the dam and a few boaters had some fish when I left. I don't know if any other fish were caught.
Stopped for breakfast on Sunday, quite a few boats and shore fishermen, but reports were few and far between.

Sutter Creek
02-15-2016, 06:12 PM
Thought maybe they planted for the holiday week end.

PapaGreg
02-16-2016, 06:23 PM
No, they didn't plant, and they haven't adhered to their weekly planting schedule! Don't know if it's money, weather or availability of fish, but it's not good.

Sutter Creek
02-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Probably availability. Thought about taking grand kids down but changed my mind.

Wolf74
02-16-2016, 07:10 PM
Are they just stocking the Lassen trout? Any cutbows?

nerazzurri925
02-17-2016, 10:19 AM
I was kayaking at Amador Sunday and Monday. Fly rod, kastmasters, power bait....nothing. Lot of boat traffic and a fair amount of people on the shore. Guess a lot of people saw the awesome pictures and reports on norcal.fishreports and made their way out there same as me. Beautiful out there right now with the green hills. Still had a great time

PapaGreg
02-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Amador's been kind of strange, even when they plant, you don't see the limits like you did when they were planting their own fish. I'm thinking it's the amount they're putting in, no where close to what they used to put in. I haven't seen hardly any fish jumping or cruising like I used to.

SierraJetSledder
02-18-2016, 09:27 AM
I think the Cutbow strain they used to produce was a lot more agressive than lassen rainbows. They used to really go after lures in open water at Amador, it was unlike any other lake I have been to in CA. I'm still optimistically hoping we can come up with some methods to be successful with the changing situation. I can't help but think that there is something wrong with how I am fishing when I see them put fish in, but my trolling methods produce no bites. I think there are always old guys that know how to catch them, but you wont see them posting here. I guess that slow fishing makes me want to go out more... to try new stuff. If I ever figure it out, I will let you know, heaven forbid I share a secret and as result someone else gets to have a great weekend that adds a light of hope in the midst of the demanding work weeks we all have to labor through. The last time I went to Amador I wanted to soak bait to catch the hard bite, but my friend insisted on toplining tiny rattle traps in open water, I'll be damned if we werent the only ones catching nonstop action with those tiny rattle traps. Not sure if it will work anymore, but its all I've got to offer.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

PapaGreg
02-18-2016, 10:10 PM
I think there is always going to be that one or two guys that always catch fish, but the limits that were daily happenings at Amador are no more. Hell, even after a plant, you don't see the fish swimming around like you used to.

Hercules100
02-19-2016, 05:31 PM
Hi: Guys
I moved up to Lake Tahoe so I won't be going to Amador anytime soon, but: The last time I was there Bass fishing we tried trout fishing after we were tired of catch and release on Bass. There were several boats trolling with lead core, they were helpful with information, 3 / 5 colors, 1-3 mph, color and type of lures, etc. but no one had very many fish 1/3. We only had Bass rods and no trout gear, so; we just took a single #8 hook, put it though the head of a Nightcrawler with a split shot up the line around 3 feet, went up the dam and let the lines go down around 20 feet and drifted in the light afternoon breeze. We held the line in our fingers with an open bale, when they starting the bite, just let the line go and count to 10, bam. We caught and released several nice fish until we ran out of worms and time. For what its worth, I have tried this at Tahoe and it has worked, hit and miss. I generally troll for Macs, its addicting but they don't fight like a Bass I do miss the fight, 27# best so far. Good luck
Hercules

salmonid
02-19-2016, 06:21 PM
Hi: Guys
I moved up to Lake Tahoe so I won't be going to Amador anytime soon, but: The last time I was there Bass fishing we tried trout fishing after we were tired of catch and release on Bass. There were several boats trolling with lead core, they were helpful with information, 3 / 5 colors, 1-3 mph, color and type of lures, etc. but no one had very many fish 1/3. We only had Bass rods and no trout gear, so; we just took a single #8 hook, put it though the head of a Nightcrawler with a split shot up the line around 3 feet, went up the dam and let the lines go down around 20 feet and drifted in the light afternoon breeze. We held the line in our fingers with an open bale, when they starting the bite, just let the line go and count to 10, bam. We caught and released several nice fish until we ran out of worms and time. For what its worth, I have tried this at Tahoe and it has worked, hit and miss. I generally troll for Macs, its addicting but they don't fight like a Bass I do miss the fight, 27# best so far. Good luck
Hercules

Good stuff, Hercules.

Thanks for the insight!