PDA

View Full Version : lake storage in Trinity lake and Melones lake

stefanoflo
02-15-2016, 07:16 AM
lake storage in Trinity lake and Melones lake are well below the average and below what they where at this time last ear. I`m wondering if those levels don`t reach what they did last year and knowing how Melones looked this past summer . Makes you wonder if those in charge didn`t screw things up we can only hope that the snow melt makes things easier, but that to me is not a guarantee water source. to rely on.if things do get really worse for those 2 lakes. it can make fishing a thing of the past.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/reservoirs/RES

BigUnInDaBoat
02-15-2016, 09:18 AM
Need more rain and snow for sure. Two weeks ago I fished a spot on NM that I went back to a week later and the rock I was sitting on was 4-5' underwater. The inflow is really good atm, and they are barely letting anything out. Let's hope it stays that way.

stefanoflo
02-15-2016, 10:29 AM
Need more rain and snow for sure. Two weeks ago I fished a spot on NM that I went back to a week later and the rock I was sitting on was 4-5' underwater. The inflow is really good atm, and they are barely letting anything out. Let's hope it stays that way.

I`m on the same boat with you as inflow water coming in good and nothing going out. The thing that worries me is from today until Mid March or April when the farmers want the water to irrigate, that from last years history of water release . they let a whole lot out . so with water coming in , when duties calls for a release of 2000cfs or more . will they give it again like last year and drain New Melones dry .knowing the storage situation.Assuming what they think they will get in snow melt can make a real good situation worse.and if they blow it again this year . think they will get fired or resign???