PDA

View Full Version : No Trout for Lake Pardee OMG

GoneCountry
02-19-2016, 07:55 PM
just saw this on the Lake Pardee Site

Many of you have been asking about the trout stocking for the upcoming season. So we wanted to give you an update on what is going on with the fish.Last year we lost our fish supplier, Calaveras Trout Farm, due to the drought. Mt. Lassen stepped in and was kind enough to continue stocking us until the end of the 2015 season. Looking to the 2016 season, we reached out to Mt. Lassen again and unfortunately they do not have any fish for us. They were heavily effected by the drought as well and have no fish to spare. After looking throughout the state, we have found that the drought has effected most fish hatcheries in California. Many have gone out of business or simply do not have enough fish to go around. We even reached out to CA Department of Fish and Wildlife and they do not have any fish either. So at this time, we do not have any fish to plant. However, we are working with EBMUD and CA DFW to get fish from out of state if we have to. The good news is that there has been no pressure on the lake since July 2015, so there are plenty of fish to be caught. Just know we are actively working on getting fish to plant and we hope to have some soon.

GoneCountry
02-19-2016, 08:08 PM
I wonder what the status of the closed fisheries is at this time? Did they reopen and when will a schedule begin to help the other fisheries out. OR is this the new norm
LESS TROUT to be planted . I understand the drought and problems its created. But we have paid into a institution of sorts to maintain some kind of quality fish planting program . This only tells me the lakes that get plants will have added pressure. As for me It is what it is. I have been fishing for 54 years. Mainly Trout. See ya at Pardee

Sutter Creek
02-19-2016, 08:39 PM
I bet they get some from out of state.

Koke Machine83
02-19-2016, 09:05 PM
So do we still have to pay for a fish permit, If there not planting any fish?

lund16
02-19-2016, 10:46 PM
I looked for any planting for butte county and I found a big fat zero. Lots of planting down south around L.A.

CAL.NDN
02-20-2016, 03:35 AM
Yep they been loading them up down south with plants and we're not getting anything up in eldorado County like we used to.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

tortuga
02-20-2016, 07:58 AM
Of course if they have trouble finding fish they are going to raise prices to cover the "more expensive" hard to find trout!
Starting to be happier and happier we are headed to WA next year! It blew us away how cheap launching is in Idaho and Washington and there are LOTS of fish!

But til then we'll see you out there, cuz we are going to fish!
Tortuga

GoneCountry
02-20-2016, 08:10 AM
Well, now that the air is clear. Good way to look at it. No Combat Fishing on the opener, No Crowds, I really express my thanks for letting us know . Thank YOU . We will still come to the lake this year. Looking forward to positive years ahead.............................God willing.

After all there is more than Trout in that Lake

Insider
02-20-2016, 08:50 AM
With all the trout planted in that lake there's no doubt some beautiful holdovers. May be a little harder to catch but that's what separates the men from the boys and girls from the women.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterdog
02-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Lake Camanche is right next to Pardee and Camanche has already planted over 30,000 lbs of trout and are continuing to plant 1200 lbs a week. If you want fish go to Camanche at least until Pardee finds some trout to plant. I like pardee but I have never been consistent there. One time I will limit there and the next either a skunk or one or two fish. I usually do well on kokes though. Don't know what the Koke fishing will be like this year at Pardee. The one thing I don't like about Pardee is that I usually take my lab fishing with me but at Pardee he can't go swimming and for a lab that's almost impossible.

stefanoflo
02-21-2016, 02:20 AM
i heard a commercial on one of those Saturday AM outdoor shows on Pardee and they listed fish you can catch there
and i don`t believe i heard them say Trout. I heard,,, Kokanee , Bass, catfish, Bluegill but no trout.someone correct me if i`m wrong.i thing it was the "Ultimate Bass" radio show that i heard it on.

Jfitalia
02-23-2016, 01:35 AM
Yep they been loading them up down south with plants and we're not getting anything up in eldorado County like we used to.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Socal buys out state and has been for many many years.

Alpers closed permanently don't know about the others.

Jfitalia
02-23-2016, 01:36 AM
i heard a commercial on one of those Saturday AM outdoor shows on Pardee and they listed fish you can catch there
and i don`t believe i heard them say Trout. I heard,,, Kokanee , Bass, catfish, Bluegill but no trout.someone correct me if i`m wrong.i thing it was the "Ultimate Bass" radio show that i heard it on.

What exactly are you asking?

Jfitalia
02-23-2016, 01:37 AM
Sounds to like as usual Pardee dropped the ball. This lake has been mismanaged for years.

They should have been on the phone securing a hatchery the second their lake closed.

PapaGreg
02-23-2016, 07:23 AM
J-fit, I believe you hit the nail on the head! I'm not sure how DFW allots plants, but why would they NOT schedule Pardee for plants this year? As far as Pardee buying fish from private hatcheries, the writing was on the wall when Calaveras trout farm closed, Pardee should have been on the phone that day!!!!!!!!!

Jfitalia
02-23-2016, 11:16 PM
J-fit, I believe you hit the nail on the head! I'm not sure how DFW allots plants, but why would they NOT schedule Pardee for plants this year? As far as Pardee buying fish from private hatcheries, the writing was on the wall when Calaveras trout farm closed, Pardee should have been on the phone that day!!!!!!!!!

DFW lost their fish again at the American river hatchery last year. They simply don't have the fish to put in. Plus no one spends money to catch small DFW fish..

Pardee saw this coming and did nothing to fix it.

IronClad
02-24-2016, 12:27 AM
I will never understand why people get so worked up over nasty truck trout.

got_fight
02-24-2016, 01:00 AM

exactly

this will separate the real fisherman

MKE
02-24-2016, 06:39 AM
I'm glad most people are worked up for truck trout keeps them at the bridges, big turn outs, and at the spot where the truck puts them on the lakes. I try not to fish these spots unless there is no one there and my 5 year old daughter is with me after a rough day of no fish.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

GoneCountry
02-24-2016, 01:32 PM
Well I noticed last year a big difference from fishing off the bank say a week or so after any given plant. NADA not even a bite. So when I go Im focusing on trolling and last year was dismal for the people I talked to in boats as Kokes were the fish being caught the most. I don't know what it is. But like I said it is what it is. Heck 20 years ago this lake was advertised as the Fisher-mans Lake. We used to do very well even when a plant wasn't going on. I too am not into combat fishing. Just gets you feathers ruffled .

PapaGreg
02-24-2016, 05:22 PM
If you've got kids or take kids fishing, you'd understand why the plants help. I'm an adult and can only handle a fly rod x-amount of times! I would love for the kids to hike along a creek and try to catch "native" trout, but their attention spans don't last when they are NOT catching fish. As far as the taste, yeah, you're right!

PapaGreg
02-24-2016, 05:23 PM
Correction; according to my wife, I am NOT an adult:duh:

GoneCountry
02-24-2016, 05:54 PM
This picture is from fresh plants. This one is 20 years ago Pardeehttp://i.imgur.com/hKnGlkp.jpg

GoneCountry
02-24-2016, 05:55 PM
If ya got young ones you need FISH and plenty of them or ya headed somewhere where there is................................................

stefanoflo
02-24-2016, 09:45 PM
you jut have to wait for holdovers from last year.hell.fish middle bar bridge, it won`t cost you anything for a skunk either

LURKER916
02-24-2016, 10:01 PM

Especially when there are SHAD coming!

Kaban12
02-24-2016, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=LURKER916;1088905]Especially when there are SHAD coming![/

Especially once u get into 50-100 in a day. My kid has a blast then. Can't wait!!!!!